Chapter Thirty-Eight

Kellin's POV

I sighed as I watched the my case worker brought in somebody's clothes and shit.

"I'm getting a roommate?" I whined, slumping down a little on my bed. I only had a week before I turned eighteen and got to leave but I still didn't want to be stuck with some asshole. The only person I had ever had as a roommate was Alan and I really wasn't ready to have someone else staying with me. Even if it was just for a week.

"It's only gonna be for a week." Mary said.

"It doesn't matter! Why can't I just have this room to myself for my last week?"

"No we don't have the space."

"Mary!" I whined, "Why can't he share with someone else!?"

"Because there is no one else."

"Well who the hell is he?" I demanded.

"He should be in here soon."

"That doesn't answer my question Mary," I said annoyed.

She sighed and looked at me, "His name is Tom, he was here a few months ago."

"Tom?"

"Yes Tom, do you know him?"

"No," I lied, already ready to punch the asshole in the face for what he did to my little brother.

"Well he's a little different, okay? But just think you'll be out in a week."

"I know I will," I said with a dramatic sigh and scowled at the door just as the asshole,Tom walked in. He wasn't even cute, I didn't know what Alan saw in him.

"Lunch is in an hour boys, be nice to one another." Mary said with a smile before she left.

"So, you're Tom," I stated, giving him an unimpressed look.

"Do I know you?"

"No, you don't," I said, cocking my head to the side as I got off of the bed and straightened out my skirt.

"You're wearing a skirt?" He laughed.

I gave him my cutest smile, "Is there a problem with guys in skirts?"

He shook his head and sat on the bed opposite of mine. "No, no."

"You know, my little brother bought me this skirt, you might actually know him," I said, sitting at the edge of my own bed, looking at him, my legs cross.

"I doubt I know him."

"No, in fact. I think you really do know him. I think you know him pretty well," I hummed. "His names Alan, cute little ginger boy, kind of a whore, has little freckles and a strange love of flannels."

He thought for a minute, "He was a good fuck."

I scrunched my hands into fists, "He liked you, you know."

"That's nice. I don't care. It was just sex."

I refrained from rolling my eyes, "You know, he told me you got violent with him."

"I never got violent with him."

I tsked, "I think we both know that you're not telling me the truth right now. Now, answer honestly Tom, did you ever hit him?"

"Why does it matter?"

"Because," I said, standing back up. "That's my little brother that you hurt."

"Wow, get over it."

"Tom," I said, my lips curling in disgust at the sound of his name. "Have you ever been punched by a guy in a skirt?"