Don't you Wish...(Fluff)

Dark is a great artist. He hides his talent because he considers being able to draw really well a 'non-demonic' talent. It's 'too girly' and 'too human' for him to show off. Regardless, he can't help but break down and draw from time to time. Today he was drawing me. I watched him hunched over the counter in the kitchen scribbling away, his silver eyes darting over to me every few minutes. He sighed as he finished. He held up his drawing. "What do you think? Like it?" he asked. I was floored. "Yeah! It's amazing...where did you learn to draw like that?" Dark just shrugged, scrawling a sloppy "D" on the left corner of the paper. "I just know how...I dunno, it's weird. I'm weird." That he is. "Well I like this weird part of you." Dark gave me a half smile. "I'm glad." He joined me on the couch. I laid my head in his lap and he played with my hair. "What do you even wanna do with your life?" I asked. Dark looked curious. "What do you mean?" "Like...now that you're up here, what do you want to do?" He pursed his lips. "The same thing I always do. Whatever I please. Why do you ask?" "I...I dunno. I guess I just don't get it. You'll never be able to have some of the things humans do. Like kids...don't you wish you could have a family?" Dark looked deep in thought. "Not really? I dunno...why are you asking me these things?" "I guess I'm just curious." I said. "I don't need plans (y/n). As long as Mark is here, I'm here and I can do almost literally anything I want to...it's a nice feeling. Don't you wish you could have what I do?" He had me beat. "Yes. I wish that I was able to have a life with no responsibilities...but that's not how humans work...but really-don't you wish you could have kids? Get married?" "(Y/N), I can marry someone. I have a legal human identity...took me forever to bullshit a backstory that could be somewhat validated, but it worked...I just don't want to. As for kids, I'm not really dad material...I don't think." I thought otherwise. I didn't really have a dad growing up and if I could change that I'd want my dad to be like Dark. "I think otherwise. You're one of the coolest friends I have..." Dark smiled. "I'm flattered, but...even if I wanted those things they're never going to happen." "But aren't you lonely?" "(Y/N), you're here all the time...how could I possibly get lonely? You are sometimes literally in my ass...you freak." I laughed. "I'm sorry, do I bother you?" "No, of course not...you know, I don't really understand what loneliness is. I like solitude. The concept of not liking being alone is weird to me." I sighed. "I just want you to be happy." "Happiness I have. Sounds funny, but we CAN be happy...I'm just better at it because you know, I'm a tad more in touch with humans now. I'm glad you care." I smiled. "If you could have kids, would you?" Dark sighed. "Maybe. Doubt it, but maybe." "Would you want a son or a daughter?" "Son. Hands down." "See you've thought about it!" I said, laughing. "You HAVE thought about it!" Dark scowled. "No, you just...shut up (y/n)." I stuck my tongue out. "So would you give him a demon name?" "You're really gonna press the issue, aren't you?" Dark asked, nonchalantly. "Yup." I said, smirking. "Yes...I'd give him a demon name. Why wouldn't I? That's a dumb question." "What would you pick?" Dark gave me a look of exaspiration. "No idea." he said. "Would you name him after you?" "Sure?" I laughed. "So what do you think he'd look like...could you draw him?" Dark bit his lip. "I guess...I'd need a 'mother' though...to mix features. You up for it?" My heart fluttered a bit and I felt my face heat up. Sure it was just imaginary, but it was still cute. "Of course." I said. Dark fetched his sketchpad and started to doodle. After a few minutes of tracing and scratching out an image he got up. "I need some colored pencils to fill this in...no peeking!" I was so tempted to look while he was away, but I didn't want to upset him so I quite literally twiddled my thumbs waiting for him to return. He had all dark and strange colors. Typical. I waited a few more minutes before I saw Dark smiling a bit. "Done?" I asked. He nodded. He turned his sketchpad around and let me look. I felt more than a little emotional. "Dark, it's amazing." I said, touching it. He drew a guy who was a spitting image of himself. He had black hair styled the same way Dark's is, the same glasses, the same eye shape, and the same muscular build...but he was different. He didn't have Dark's silver eyes...he had a pair of cold ice blue eyes. He was definitely shorter...and slimmer too. His skin wasn't so pale either. He had my lips and nose...and my smile. I couldn't help but laugh. "We'd make some killer babies, Dark." I said, admiring the drawing again. "He's perfect...let's make a daughter too." "Well aren't' we demanding?" Dark said, with a half smile. "Always!" I said. Dark looked unsure. "We can call her Circe." I sang. He laughed, remembering his little demon friend I had yet to meet. "Fine." he said, as he began to scratch out another drawing. When he finished, he turned it around and I was caught up in it immediately. She was a spitting image of me. She had a set of pale green eyes with my eye shape,Dark's nose, Dark's infamous little half smile, long black hair,and my thin curvy build. She looked like she stood at around 6 feet tall like her 'dad'...I laughed again. "Okay, she's perfect too." I admired her again. "Circe would approve." he said. "I would hope so. She's pretty." "Like you." Dark said, nudging me. "Aw..." I said, flicking his nose. "So we have a paper family now. What do we do with it?" I shrugged. "Hang it on the fridge I guess." I said. Dark shrugged. "Sounds okay." he said, slapping both drawings onto the fridge with his skull magnets I bought him as a housewarming present. "Perfect." he said, admiring his work. He rejoined me on the couch again. "So...what now?" "I just wanna spend time with my baby daddy." I said, poking his ribs. "I have no idea who you're talking about." he said, concealing his little smile. "Seriously...I just wanna lay with you for awhile...if you don't mind." Dark wrapped an arm around me firmly, holding onto me. "I'd never object to that." he said, kissing the top of my head, snuggling me close to him. "Hey...I kinda love you (y/n)."