Don't You Wish... Pt.2 (Moar Fluff)

I'm a really light sleeper, so when Dark stirred in his sleep I jumped awake. "You up?" I asked him. "Ugh, I am now." he said, half asleep still. "Why'd you wake me?" he asked, rubbing his eyes. "You were thrashing a bit." I said, stretching. "I don't wanna be awake...but I don't wanna sleep without you either." My heart melted. "Should I carry you to bed?" he asked. "Sounds good." I said, outstretching my arms. Dark picked me up bridal style and carried me to his bed, dropping me onto the soft black bedding. He jumped on top of me and we touched noses for a moment. I wrapped my legs around his body and bodyslammed him as hard as I could. "Unexpected. Nice move." he said, shaking his head. I laughed. I heard thunder in the distance. Perfect napping weather-I loved thunderstorms. So did Dark. Why wouldn't he? They're a lot like him...or is it that he's a lot like them? Dark bedded down and dragged me up next to him. "Okay, now I'm wide awake." he said, shaking his head. "Thanks (y/n)." he said sarcastically. "Hey, you woke me up. We were nice and cozy, and then you decided to start dreaming or something." "I can't help that I have vivid dreams." I sighed. "What were you dreaming about anyway?" I asked. Dark looked away. "Come on, tell me." He just laughed and shook his head. "Dark, come on. You can tell me anything...and you'd better, or so help me I'll smack you." Dark sighed. "You." he said. "Me?" "Well...you were part of it. Those drawings..." I went silent. "Really?" I asked. "Yeah...it was something interesting to think about...it was on my mind when I fell asleep." I laid my head on his chest. "Too bad they were just drawings." I said. Dark sighed. "Nah, that's a good thing...I was just...I dunno. It was interesting, (y/n). You'd make a good mom." My face heated up. "And you'd make a good dad." "I don't know about that. I hated kids as a kid...don't feel too much differently about them now." I straddled Dark. "I doubt that. Stop acting so hard." Dark chuckled once and grabbed my hands, pulling me down and kissing me. "I don't act, I am." I scowled. "No, you're not. You're just a grouch." Dark stuck his tongue out at me. "Get off (y/n), you're killing me. Right on my hip bones." I stayed put, intentionally pressing down harder on him. "Don't go there with me, you'll regret it." he warned. I still stayed put. Dark raised an eyebrow at me. Without warning, he sprang up from his laying position and tackled me face down on the bed. He attacked my sides with tickles and held me down so I couldn't move. "Okay, I'm sorry!" I laughed, batting his hands away. "Better be." he said, lifting his shirt a bit to examine his hips. I just sat there and smiled at him. "What?" he asked, laying back down. "Nothing." I said, laying with him. "What? Tell me or I'll smack you!" He said, smirking. "It's nothing. Just thinking about my future." Dark tilted his head. "Meaning?" he asked. "I want kids. I want to get married. I want to do a lot of things...I don't see it happening. This conversation...those drawings...they've got me thinking." Dark pondered that. "Well...I think you're good enough to marry someone." he said. "I think it will happen...all of it. I don't understand your human concept of being in love. I love you, (y/n)...but not like what you're wanting." I smiled. "I love you too, Dark. I...really do." Dark looked uncomfortable. "You fell for me, didn't you?" he finally asked, looking a bit upset. I felt sick. "Yeah. I did." I admitted. "I got my hopes up for nothing it seems...you don't 'fall in love'...I know that. Doesn't mean I couldn't wish for it. "Oh (y/n)...what have I done?" Dark asked with a sigh. "Nothing...I just...I dunno." I felt a cold arm around me after several moments of pure silence. "I'm not right for you (y/n). I'm not right for anyone. I'm sorry if you felt led on. I'm sorry...but I do love you. Genuinely. You'll make someone very happy someday." I felt encouraged, yet rejected. "Don't look at me that way (y/n)." Dark said, cupping my face. "Do...you want me to kiss you?" he asked, almost nervously. I thought about it. "I'd like that a lot." I said shyly. He kissed my hand and then brought me in closer to kiss my lips. I felt like the kiss lasted for years. When he broke it, he just looked at me for a long time. "Hold on, I'll be right back." he said, suddenly jumping off of the bed. I choked back tears because I felt like I'd lost a friend. Why did I have to kiss him? He'll hate me now. I thought. Dark sat on the edge of the bed with his sketchpad. "No peeking." he said, shaking his pen at me. I sat back and waited patiently, curious about what he was drawing for me. He finished and started filling everything in with colored pencils. He looked at it up and down, smiled, and then handed it to me. He had drawn me, himself, and our 'kids' together. I looked at him tearfully. "Thank you." I barely squeaked out. "Don't cry (y/n). Everything is fine. Keep that picture with you forever. It means something to me, too. We'll always have a 'family'..." I hugged Dark tightly. "You are my best friend." I said. "You're mine, too (y/n)..." he said, giving me a gentle kiss on the cheek.

Years have passed and Dark was right. I got married, I have two kids and I couldn't be happier. I see Dark as often as my busy schedule allows. He's always happy to see me...and in my nightstand, on top of everything I have in that drawer lies his perfect drawing. My daughter Circe loves looking at it...I've never told her what it meant. My son Arioch is too young to understand, but they will BOTH know Dark as my dear friend and their protector.