Heartache

Penny POV

I became conscious to a pounding headache. I peaked out of my eyes for just a moment. My vision was blurry. 

Was that, purple? My room's white not purple. 

My brain started to operate. My vision cleared and I made out a violet wall. 

What? Hold it. Someone was hugging me.

I looked down. WHY, WAS I WEARING TALON'S JACKET. 

I leaned up and followed the arms that were hugging me. Talon, cute as ever, was peacefully sleeping, one arm around me and the other sprawled off the side of the bed. My first reaction was, awhhhh. The second was the one the emotion that showed, pure terror. I sat up and screamed.

 "AHHHHHH!!!!!" 

A brief moment in Dr. Claws POV

I woke to a high pitched scream. I grinned and rolled over, pulling my soundproof pillow over my head. Take that Talon.

Penny POV

Talon sprang up, thoroughly confounded. 

"Why are you here!?! Where am I?!?! WHY WERE YOU SLEEPING WITH ME!?!" I nearly lost my voice right there but Talon covered my mouth with a gloved hand. 

"I'm sorry ok? My uncle wanted to kidnap you for ransom and I'm afraid that MadCat now owns the guest room too. As for sleeping with you that was more my fault because I couldn't really think at the moment and, yeah... sorry." 

There were a million things I could've said, but what came out was, "That is actually a good plan." 

Only he was still holding my mouth so it was, "hs s acuy ah goo paan." 

He dropped his hand. "What?" 

"Never mind." I said embarrassed. I should've known. There was no way he would feel for me like that. It was all just an accident. Talon doesn't like me, and hopefully I would someday stop feeling for him. 

Talon POV

We sat in an awkward silence. I was really embarrassed but tried my best not to show it. I was such an idiot! Why did I do that? Two PhDs, you'd think I'd be smart enough to know she wouldn't like waking up to that. As for me, that was the best night of sleep I ever had. My brain went into day-dream mode and I started thinking about her lips. How soft do you think they are?... Stop it Talon. You both know you could never be together. She doesn't like you and hopefully I would someday stop feeling for her...

Penny POV

I could tell he was really beating himself up about it. I caught his eye and we stared in silence. 

"So," I started, trying to break this silence, "What is a hostage supposed to do after night 1?"

 He looked grateful for the change in subject. "I'm not exactly sure. Are you hungry?" 

I realized how famished I was but didn't want to trouble him. "No..."

 I silently cursed as my stomach growled.

 He smirked. "Liar."

I blushed and looked away. 

"I'll make some breakfast." he said getting up. 

 I decided to tease him. "Doesn't your uncle hate your cooking?" 

He grinned, "So what, like you could do better." 

"Game on!" I challenged.