Prison Cells

Talon POV

I woke up to a cold gray slab of stone above me. It was really cold, and I noted the goosebumps on my arms. What happened? I sat up and surveyed where I was. The room was actually a cubed cage. All the walls being made of stone. 

"Talon? You okay?"

I turned and saw Penny sitting across from me. We were separated by iron bars and I scooted closer. 

"Yeah, you?"

"Yeah. I'm good."

"Where are we?" I asked curious.

"Well, I can't give you an exact place but I'm pretty sure that company caught up with us." she said.

"Oh. Well, any ideas?"

"On what?"

"How to get out of course."

"Oh. Umm... my codex is still partially operational, I don't think they knew it was a device. But I need something electronic to hack before we can get out."

"Well, let me see if I can find anything." 

I searched around my half of the cage.

"No nothing here but iron bars, a screw, and concrete walls. How 'bout your side?"

She checked but there was nothing. 

I leaned back in the cage. 

"So... we have time to kill. Anything fun at HQ lately?"

"Uh... not really. Kayla and I have just been studying and training."

"Studying?"

"Yeah, HQ is actually not all training for bad guys. The Professor teaches programming and you can take defense classes... there's others too but those are my favorites."

"What? You need to study defense?! Is it because of me?" I teased reaching through the bars.

"Maybe." she teased back, pushing my hand away, then stopped. 

"Wait. What about that screw again?" she asked.

"What?"

"The screw, you were talking about the bars, the walls, and then a screw."

"Oh, yeah it's right here. But why..."

"That's an access panel Talon! Here! Take this... and open it!" she pulled a pin out of her hair.

"That's my girl!" I said excited. 

She blushed and I realized what I said.

"Sorry." I apologized, blushing as well.

She grinned and looked away.

Penny POV

He worked at the screw until it opened to show a access panel, just as I predicted. I could still feel my face burning a little bit. His girl. He called me his girl... I turned the statement in my head, day-dreaming.

"Earth to Penny. We achieved opening the panel..." Talon said, waving at me.

"Oh. Sorry Talon. I get on it." 

I blushed. That was awkward. I started to hack at the panel.

Talon POV

She went to work typing on her codex.

Now's the time Talon! Come on!

NO I'm too scared.

But she's so beautiful and you love her!

What if she rebukes me?

JUST DO IT

I cleared my throat. I opened my mouth to speak but Penny looked up at me.

My confidence fell through and I let out a squeak.

Penny giggled.

"What was that?"

"I don't know." I stammered.

She went back to her work and I tried again.

"Hey... uh. Penny? I was wondering... if maybe... I mean. There's a thing going on at MAD. And uh... well dancing... but *Clears throat* will you.."

Penny suddenly let out a cheer.

"Yes!" she said fist pumping.

"Really?!" I said excited.

"Yeah I hacked the door open. Come on!"

She slid out of the opening, leaving me bewildered behind.

Hey guys. Sorry it took me so long! I had a family emergency and schools been harsh with homework loads. 

And karlyruth I hope you enjoyed that cliffhanger. Payback time.

Thanks for all the support everyone! I can't believe I hit 3.6K views!!! I'm soo happy!!!

Also, huge obsession with Miraculous Ladybug right now. I have another story out where I'm trying to connect the dots with all those cliffhangers! Pls help. 

Peace out till next time! ;)

-Katalyne Wibiberg