Penny's Birthday: Part 3; HQ

Talon POV

She took a sip and looked back at me expectantly. I also leaned forward and came face to face with her. I looked into her eyes and raised my eyebrows. She blushed and pulled back.

We finished the shake awkwardly. I left a 30 on the table and offered her my hand. Looking down she took it. Instead of letting go I held on to her and we walked hand in hand out of the restaurant. She blushed but didn't let go.

Penny POV

We walked down the street to my apartment building. He was gently holding my hand and I couldn't help but cheesy grin inside. BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!! We climbed up the stairs to my apartment and went inside. 

"Where is your uncle?" Talon asked.

"I got a short day at HQ because it is my birthday, he stayed behind." I explained.

We sat down on the couch and another dreaded awkward silence fell between us. 

"So." I said clearing my throat, "Why did you do all that for me. I mean, we are enemies, right?" 

"Well... I guess... I uh... *coughs* might have a little.... *mumbles so Penny can't tell what he is saying* crush on you."

"What was that?" I asked.

"Nothing! Anyhoo. Where is your bedroom?" he said changing the subject.

"It's down that hall." I pointed and he stood up and walked to it. I blinked then followed him. He turned in silent question on which door and I pushed open the door on the right. My room's walls were a bright white. There were simple furnishings but the desk was somehow neatly crammed with supplies and tech that had helped me on my missions. I plopped down on my red bed. He turned to me with the biggest smile I ever saw him do. "Is that me?" he asked pointing at my computer.

I gasped and threw a codex screen across the room, shutting down my computer, which had a background I found online. "*coughs* Yeah that was you. I use it for target practice." 

The lie sounded lame even in my mouth. He smirked, but thank heavens didn't say anymore. 

Talon POV

She was bright red, and obviously lying. I decided it was cute though and didn't push further. After all I did have pictures of her in my room. Only, those where actually for looking at and not for 'target practice.' I looked around at her room. You would think her room would be a little more decorated. I spotted a really old picture in a frame and picked it up. It was Inspector Gadget, except that he didn't have his robot parts. What? Was that Penny!? Dang she looked so different when she was a kid!

 What? Was that Penny!? Dang she looked so different when she was a kid!

Penny looked over my shoulder. She smiled. "That watch is so old. I still have the pieces of when it broke." 

I smiled at her. "You don't look any different!" I teased

She grinned and play-hit me. Suddenly her codex beeped. She slapped her forehead. "Oh the party! We have to go!" She took my hand and lead me out of the apartment. We walked about 2 blocks and she turned to me. "Sorry Talon, but I'm going to have to blindfold you."

Before I could protest she placed a codex screen around my eyes and darkened it. It was pitch black and I couldn't see. I felt her small, warm hand ghost over mine and tug gently forwards. I got chills, but took a step and hoped she wouldn't kill me.

Penny POV

He started to follow me. Now that he couldn't see my face, I blushed deeply at us holding hands. I opened up a secret telephone box and typed in the pass-code. A hidden doorway appeared and I led him in positioning him next to me. The elevator jolted, and he wasn't ready. He fell forward and I rushed to catch him before he fell. Straightening he held my hands in place that were wrapped around him. I blushed and pulled away. 

Talon POV

Did she just hug me? Awhh... I could imagine her pretty face blushing. The elevator slowed and she took my hand again leading me out. I felt her move and the codex was taken off of my face. I blinked in the sudden light and she smiled. "Ta-da!" she said happily.

I looked around, it was like when I was on my first mission. Wait, I was wearing the same clothes too. What? I looked at my hands. I had no gloves on and my race looked like African-American. I turned shocked to Penny.

"Oh, I can't let anyone recognize you until chief leaves his shift." she explained.

"Oh, that makes sense." But you won't fall for my handsomeness, I thought quietly.

We turned the corner and I flinched hard as Kayla spotted us. Immediately she looked shocked and happy at the same time. I realized Penny and I were still holding hands. I let go abruptly, mostly 'cause I didn't want Kayla to think we were together when it was not me kinda. What? Anyhoo, she came up and hugged Penny and I was shocked again to see Dove and another girl come with Kayla too! What?! Oh that's right! I remember Dove telling me about how she was going to a party. Oh... I thought, she was going to Penny's party. How did I not piece that together?

(ilovedonut1!!!)

Penny nudged me and I looked at her quizzically. "Yeah this is my friend..." she looked at me intently. 

"Oh! I... uh... my name's... T...yson! Yeah, Tyson. That's my name!" I replied. Great Talon, real smooth...

"Hi Tyson. My name's Kayla, this is Dove, and this is Ella!" Kayla introduced each of the girls.

(Shout-out to @eilaf_b3 !!! She is Ella.)

"Hi." I said nervously. Please don't recognize me Dove... PLEASE! It would be a humiliation.

"Well girls let's go set up ok?" Penny said shooing them toward what looked like a gym door.

"Ok Pen." said Ella. They started to walk away, but Kayla turned around quickly and pulled my ear down to her mouth. 

"Your really bad at disguises by the way, no wonder Penny always recognizes you." she giggled. Dove turned around and gave me a wink to show she knew it was me too. Dang it.

We walked into the gym and began to set up for the party. This was going to be great, I thought, going over my plans for, after, the party...