Crowns and Closets; Part 2

Penny POV

I stood there watching him run. Whoa. He was just about to kiss me!!! Why didn't I lean forward?! We were so close! Then I realized I was supposed to get the crown back. I ran after Talon. I'd fantasize later.

Talon POV

I ran down random halls. Penny was behind me running hard. I turned a corner and leaned over trying not to fall from stopping. Too late. Penny came round and ran straight into me causing both of us to fall down the steps. I tried to take the impact for her but instead we rolled on top of each other. We reached the base of the steps and I fell face first on Penny.

 We reached the base of the steps and I fell face first on Penny

This was heaven. She ghosted her fingers where my lips were on her cheek. We caught each other's gaze. Wait, what was I doing here? 

"Oh... Uh... Maybe lunch sometime Pretty Pen!" I flirted. I launched my rocket boots and my holographic costume faded into my usual purple attar. She lunged for me but I flew up, saluted her, and blasted through a window. I looked back to see her shocked face and her fitting gown one last time.

Penny POV

Oh my gumdrops. He kissed me. HE KISSED ME!!! WHAT?!?! I was flipping out inside. TALON CLAW JUST KISSED PENNY BROWN!!!! I willed myself to calm. It was just on the cheek I reminded myself. And it was accidental. IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! The other half of me yelled. TALON KISSED YOU!!!! 

Princess Victoria rushed down the steps. "Are you all right?!" she said worried. 

"Yes! I'm uhh... good." I said day-dreaming. 

She looked at the window. "He got away with my crown!" she stated, wide eyed. 

I snapped back to reality. "Nope, here it is." I pulled the crown out from behind my dress's folds. 

"WOW! Penny! How?" 

"When Talon *coughs* fell on me he happened to be distracted. I reached in his pocket and pulled out the crown." I explained, blushing. It was his back pocket.

She ran up and hugged me. "Thank you so much!!! It's been in my family for hundreds of years!"

I hugged back. "Well. I have to go now! Fun hanging out with you!"

She looked me in the eyes. "You might want to talk to Kayla when you get home."

"How do you know Kayla!?"

She winked, "Your friend has a way of helping you out with relationships."

I was going to kill Kayla when I got home. Then save her because it led to my first kiss. (ish)

Talon POV

I was so happy even Uncle C couldn't get me down. I practically danced in my room. Next mission, I realized, was going to be VERY awkward.