Penny's Birthday: Part 4; The Dance

(ilovedonut1 and @eilaf_b3 are Dove and Ella! Follow them guys! They're awesome!)

Penny POV

I looked around. This was going to be awesome!!! The lights were already dimmed and there were streamers hanging down from the ceiling, thanks to Talon's rocket boots. Kayla was turning on the spotlights for the disco ball right now! Dove was setting up the table of refreshments, sneaking a cupcake when she thought I wasn't looking. Ella was setting up a playlist of upbeat songs for the dances. This was going to be awesome! I screamed/thought.

Talon POV

I was currently bent down taping a streamer to the top pole that held up the basketball backboard. Or would it be bending up? I wondered. I was careful not to burn the ceiling. I wasn't too evil. I looked up, no down, at Penny who was on the ground below me. She was even pretty when I was upside down looking at her from the ceiling. I checked my bracer. I had the math all set and ready. Just enough time for her party and then I could snatch her up for my surprise. I hoped with all my heart that she would like it.

I flipped and descended till I was next to her. She looked up at me and gave me a gorgeous smile. Sometimes, I wish I didn't work for MAD just so I could kiss those rosy lips. 

"What would they taste like?" I thought the usual question.

"What?" Penny asked confused.

I realized I had said that question out loud and blushed, "Nothing."

"Okay. How's that playlist going Ella?" she asked as she went to check on the progress. That was close. 

Penny POV

I think Talon was just thinking about the food table. Anyway, I scrolled through the list.

"Perfect, nice job Ella!" We hand-fived and I checked my codex's time. I had five minutes. 

"Okay everyone!" Kayla called, "Nice job! This place looks amazing! I'll go let the guests in."

As the crowd came in our group got separated. I turned in a crowd of people, mostly my classmates from HQ classes. I got wished a happy birthday by like, everyone. I was having trouble breathing though. So squishy! I thought, cringing. Just as I was about to burst a pair of arms hugged my middle and pulled me out. I looked up and Talon looked down. I made a questioning face and he shrugged, still holding me. "You looked squashed." he stated. 

I blushed and he unraveled his arms. I suddenly shivered for some reason. He cocked his head. "Are you cold?" 

"No," I said straightening. "Come on, let's go see Kayla."

Talon POV

I wanted to hug her again. Her hair smelled like vanilla. We strolled over to Kayla and she waved. 

"We're about to put on the music but something's wrong." she explained.

"I've got it." I said, plugging in the stereo. Instantly music started up and people started to sway. 

Kayla looked sheepish. "Oops." she said blushing.

Penny laughed and we headed out onto the dance floor. There was this intense line dance and we got separated again. I saw Penny bouncing around with some other girls and grinned. 

After about 5 songs a slow dance came on. I wondered behind Penny and tapped her shoulder. She turned and looked at me. I swallowed the lump in my throat. I was nervous.

"Would you like to dance my lady?" I extended my hand to her. 

Penny POV

OH MY GOSH!!!! HE JUST CALLED ME HIS LADY!!! 

 "Yes." I took his hand and he placed his other on my waist. I blushed and we started with a basic box step. 

(Ed Sheeran, Thinking Out Loud)

When your legs don't work like they used to before

And I can't sweep you off of your feet

Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love

Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks

Talon looked me in the eyes, I looked back at him and smiled.

And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70

And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23

And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways

Maybe just the touch of a hand

At this he adjusted his hand in mine and intertwined our fingers. I blushed but kept eye contact.

Oh me I fall in love with you every single day

And I just wanna tell you I am

So honey now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

Maybe we found love right where we are

He surprised me by twirling me. I stumbled a bit but didn't fall. He smiled and took my waist again.

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades

And the crowds don't remember my name

When my hands don't play the strings the same way, mm

I know you will still love me the same

'Cause honey your soul can never grow old, it's evergreen

Baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory

I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways

Maybe it's all part of a plan

I'll just keep on making the same mistakes

Hoping that you'll understand

Suddenly he pulled me really close. Our fronts were touching and he smirked as I looked up into his perfect chocolate eyes...

But baby now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

That maybe we found love right where we are, oh

Talon let go of my hand and placed both of his arms around my waist and we gently swayed to the beat. I hugged his neck and he smiled one his his brilliant ones that showed almost all of his pearly teeth.

So baby now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Oh darling, place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

That maybe we found love right where we are

Oh maybe we found love right where we are

And we found love right where we are...

As the last few notes were playing, Talon reached up and lifted my chin. As our eyes met he leaned forward and kissed my cheek. He lingered there and I didn't dare breath. When he finally broke contact he stayed a moment more above my skin. His hot breath shot shivers up my spine. 

"I have something to show you," he said so softly his lips hardly moved. "Will you come with me?"

"Anywhere." I said, still spellbound and I took his hand. He smiled and led me out.