Nighttime Beauty

Penny POV

I grasped his hand. Talon pulled me in by my waist and I squirmed to get away. He smirked and began to push me forward. Then, my thoughts and my voice screaming in unison, he leaned backward. "Talon!!!" I warned. Grinning, he flipped off the balcony taking me with him. Last moment possible his hand shot up and caught hold of a bar. He swung into a window, both of us miraculously not hitting the sides, and we landed on his bed. He turned and smirked at me. "Scared ya Pretty Penny." 

"You, IDIOT! You could have killed us!" I shrieked still recovering from that experience. 

He laughed and stood up. "Well I didn't want to waste time. That was the fastest way." 

"The stupidest way too..." I mumbled.

He grinned. "Well, here's part one of the surprise." He reached into a bag that was placed next to the door and threw me a clean set of a HQ uniform. I gaped at him. "How..."

He shrugged, "Uncle C wanted to tease me when I had that first mission and gave me a girl's uniform. He just hacked into a random girl's account and sent it to me."

"So that's where my order went!" I exclaimed grinning. I could imagine Talon's face when he got that package. 

"Anyhoo. I only remembered it after you got dressed so I saved it. But those clothes are really baggy on you so I decided to give it to you today instead of tomorrow." he said a little embarrassed. 

I got up and smiled brightly. "Thanks Talon!" I let go and went into the bathroom to change.

Talon POV

I watched her close the door to the bathroom. Okay now the truth. I was thinking of Penny and out of sheer stupidity bought one of those uniforms just her size and looked at it a lot. Then I tried to get her out of my mind, (that failed) and put the uniform away instead of trashing it. I know I'm weird. Then I remembered it instantly when she mentioned needing clothes and decided I wanted to see her in something else instead. But those clothes really were baggy on her so out with the lies. 

Anyhoo, I couldn't wait to give her the surprise. I had it all planned out. As she dressed I combed out my hair and checked my breath. I wasn't used to being in the company of my crush all day. I heard the door unlock and I tossed the comb on my desk and grabbed my jacket. She walked out with her usual outfit perfectly fitting her. She smiled at me and my heart leaped. I willed it to calm down. "Oh uh," I fished in my pocket, "here." I handed her two red ponytail bands.

Her face lit up and she quickly tied down her hair into the usual. I was sad to see the beautiful locks tied up again but she was still beautiful so it was fine with me. "You ready?" I asked.

"Yes. Just don't flip me off another balcony." she said seriously. 

"No promises Pretty Penny..." I teased.

Penny POV

He walked with me to the elevator. On the way I could hear Dr. Claw singing/screaming in his lair. "HAKUNA MATATA! I AM THE EVILEST MAN! HAKUNA MATATA! I LOVE PADDLE BALL!!!!" We both shoved our hands over our mouths to stop us from laughing. We ran past doing our best not to die of suffocation from silent laughter. We reached the elevator and went inside. When the doors closed we looked at each other and burst out laughing. We laughed so hard we teared up a bit and finally we stopped when we reached the roof. My sides hurt as we walked across the rooftop. "So what do you want me to see?" I asked curious. 

"It's right over there." He said pointing behind me.

 I turned but I only saw the dark fog that covered the base. I inspected the scenery before me. "What? I don't see anything."

Suddenly two strong arms hugged me from behind. I looked up startled into Talon's big beautiful brown eyes. His rockets emerged from his boots and I had just had enough time to think, NOT AGAIN! He shot up into the sky taking me with him. I screamed and hugged him for dear life. He chuckled and held on to me as he broke through the fog. I buried my face in his jacket, praying he wouldn't let go. One hand ran through my hair but I didn't dare look around. I blushed though terror gripped me. His hand gently played with my hair. It traveled through my bangs, around my ponytails, and rested on my neck. The warmth was calming and I relaxed a bit. 

Talon POV

I felt her relax and smiled. Her arms were around my midsection and I felt chills run up my spine. I was starting to know that feeling and I liked it. We broken the fog a long time ago and I was about to reach the spot. I slowed and hovered in midair. "Pretty Penny, we're here." I said gently

"Don't drop me."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

She slowly inch by inch raised her head. 

"Open your eyes silly." I grinned.

She opened her eyes and they grew huge. She was awestruck. Her breath caught and she could only say, "It's so beautiful!"

I looked down at her while she was distracted. "Yeah..." I said staring at her face dreamily. You are beautiful, I thought.

 You are beautiful, I thought

Penny POV

The view was AMAZING. The moon lit up the water, which stretched on for miles. There were more stars then I could ever hope to count. The water gently turned reflecting the stars and spreading their light everywhere. There were a couple of clouds beautifully swirling in a delicate dance. But the best, and most wonderful thing there, was Talon. I looked up and he was intently watching me. He smiled, not his usual smirk, but a gentle, gorgeous smile. His hair, I noticed, wasn't so slicked with gel like it usually was. It was soft and silky light. We made eye contact and I blushed. 

"Oh! Uh... here. I wanted you to have this." he remembered. Carefully adjusting me on his side, he fished in his pocket and pulled out a box. He gave it to me. "I won't drop you, go ahead and open it."

He wrapped his arms loosely but securely and the same time around my waist. I let go and pried open the navy blue box. I gasped. Inside was a amulet beautifully crafted into a bird. It was spreading its wings magnificently. It was beautiful, and fit my style perfectly, being small so I could wear it but not have it get caught on anything. I looked up to Talon's handsome face eagerly awaiting my reaction. I threw my arms around him. "Thank you!!! I LOVE it!" I cried. He blushed, something that doesn't happen that often, and wrapped my arms around his waist as he fastened the seemingly delicate, but strong as steel chain around my neck. When he finished he drew his hand back tracing my jawline. All I wanted was for this night to go on forever...

Talon POV

Wow!!! Penny hugged me! I mean we did hug in that closet but that was me hugging her. Was there a difference? I didn't care at the moment. Pretty Penny hugged me! I needed to calm down but I just couldn't. She probably only did that because of her fear of heights I reminded myself, I was the only thing keeping her up at the moment. But as I looked into those beautiful eyes and knew that all I wanted was for this night to go on forever...

(Sorry guys but I have a different place and time for their first kiss... :P)