Penny's Mission

Penny POV

When we left the Triangle my codex flashed in front of me. I was not surprised to find 300+ messages from Kayla, most of them saying where are you, are you with Talon, and you better answer soon. I sent one 'long' message that was comprised with these words. "I'm coming back. Tell you tomorrow." I couldn't help but smile when she texted back, "NO!!!! Cliffhanger! >:("

An hour later, I realized my shoes were still back at Talon's.

Talon POV

I groaned as I applied pressure to the shark bite on my arm. Luckily the foul creature just grazed my arm but it still took some skin with it. I wrapped it in light bandages and tied the ends. I jumped as my uncle called me. Practically sprinting I made it to the main lair in a matter of seconds. "Yes Uncle Claw?" I said out of breath.

"Talon, I have a new plan. I want you to steal the Fire Ruby from the princess of Spain." he said evilly.

"To sell and earn millions!?" I said hopefully.

"Of course not. To give to your grandmother so she doesn't kill me for missing her dinner party." he said casually.

I fought hard not to groan. "Sure Uncle C. I'll head out in a hour or so." I still had to fix my hair.

"YOU'LL GO NOW!!! he bellowed. I jumped and nodded.

"Yes Uncle C! Just don't put me back in the shark tank." I ran to fulfill his plan. I would have to fix my hair later.

Penny POV

I crept down the halls. I checked both ways around the corner before walking out. I snuck up to the holoroom. I jumped about 3 feet when I heard, "PENNYYYYYY!!!!!" Before I could react Kayla crushed me in a bear hug. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?!?!" 

It was no use lying. "You know who captured me." I chocked out trying to calm her so no one heard.

"TELL ME NOW!!! WHAT DID YOU DO?! DID HE SAY ANYTHING?! DID YOU SAY ANYTHING!?!?! ANSWER MEE!!!!!" she screamed with all her fan girl volume, which was a lot.

"Calm down! Someone will hear you. This way." I led her to the outside garden.

A long 30 minutes later she was still flipping out. "You guys are soooo cute! You have to hook me up with this Dove girl. We are going to be close I know it! And Talon really hugged you! That's adorable! Show me that necklace he gave you!" she demanded, fangirled, and shrieked.

Trying to keep up I pulled the amulet out of my jacket and she inspected it. "Wow he really spent a lot on that. He must love you!" she explained.

"What?!" I said shocked at the idea, "No he... we're just..."

"Arch enemies that happen to have deep and everlasting crushes on each other that you are too stubborn to admit to, causing drama and a lot of precious time you could be spending with him to go by?" she concluded.

I sighed and leaned back. "Whatever." 

She giggled. "Have you invited him to your party yet?" 

I sat up startled. My birthday was next week! I totally forgot!

"I'll take that as a no." she sighed. Then she brightened, "Show me Dove's number."

Too caught up in the moment to think clearly I opened my codex and she copied it down. 

Suddenly Chief popped out of a flowerpot. "Chief!" I exclaimed surprised. How did he even fit in that?

"Good morning Penny, Kayla. Penny I have a mission for you. Our intel reports that MAD is planning to steal the Fire Ruby Crown that belongs to Princess Victoria of Spain. Your mission is to blend in and protect the princess and her crown." he reported. He handed me the mission ball. 

"Got it Chief. You can count on me." I tossed the mission ball basketball style into a nearby waste bin. 

"For once it wasn't me." he mumbled as the bin exploded. Then he shrank back into the pot.

"Penny I'll go with you to the mission closet!" Kayla exclaimed.

"Why?" I asked surprised. I was just going to wear my usual. 

"Because you have to blend in and I am going to put you in a perfect dress." she giggled fantasizing the gown on me.

I paled. A dress! I made a promise to myself that I would never wear a dress on a mission. It makes moving complicated, and Talon might be there! But judging by Kayla's expression, I wasn't going anywhere until that dress was on me. I'm in for it, I thought.