Make Up

Talon POV

Where did she go?! I ran down the long hallways of our base. I turned a corner and checked a room. Nope. As I ran I silently beat myself up. How could I be so inconsiderate?! She just gave me a huge secret and I blew it up in her face. Even if I loved her, she was a human being with her own feelings. She could like whoever she wanted! Sure I'd kill the guys but I couldn't get mad at her! But I just did... Oh I was such an retard...

I rounded the 14th corner and stopped. She was coming down the other way. She saw me and ran. I sprinted to the end of the hallway. Sure enough she was gone again. But the hallway ended, I thought, where could she have gone? I froze as I heard hard breathing in a closet further down. I crept up to it and opened the door. She looked up but couldn't go anywhere. I walked in and shut the door.

Penny POV

I was stuck, he was blocking my way out. Dang it! I screamed internally. I couldn't even walk to the other side of the closet it being so small. Talon sat down next to me on the crate I was perched on. 

I opened my mouth to speak but he crushed me in a hug. I was so shocked. He just told me to go away but then he hugs me... What?! I blushed, he's hugging me! I put my arms around him and hugged him too. I was tired and he smelled great. I didn't even have the strength to rebuke those treacherous thoughts. He finally broke the hug, but held on to my hands. 

"Penny, I am so sorry. I know I was an idiot. Please forgive me." he pleaded.

I was breathless. "Yes, of course! If you'll forgive me for running off."

He grinned that beautiful smile and hugged me again. I closed my eyes and blushed.

Talon POV

I was hugging Pretty Penny!!!  I couldn't believe I did it! I loved the scent of her hair. It was silky against my cheek. I heard a beep and I glanced down at my watch. I had an idea that came to mind earlier that day. I pulled back and looked her in the eyes.

"I have a surprise for you. Will you come with me?" I asked

"Yes." she said. 

I took her hand and led her out of the closet. She blushed faintly at the touch but didn't say anything. I led her down the hallway to an open balcony. Her eyes widened at the view. It was a beach that led off into a beautiful sea. 

"Wow! Where are we?" she asked amazed.

"The Bermuda Triangle. That's why your codex won't contact anyone if you were wondering." I stated.

"Oh. It's a wonderful view." she turned back to the shore.

"Yes but that's not what I wanted to show you. Here." I offered her my hand. 

She hesitated shortly but reached out...