Truth and Dare

Penny POV

Dove left a few minutes later due to Talon's protests on us talking. I was now suspicious. What was Talon hiding? I recalled the fragment of paper Dove had slipped to me as she walked out the door. It had her phone number on it. I swiped my codex open and was not surprised to see that Talon had hacked my contacts and blocked all communications. I would have to text her when I got home. If I got home...

Talon POV

Penny was deep in thought as we cleaned the kitchen. I was glad for the help. I would've preferred a conversation too but this was better than usual. I glanced over at Penny. She was wiping down the counter. I started thinking about her hair. So light and golden. It had a slight wave when it was down. She should totally wear it like that more often. I was still day-dreaming when Penny spoke up.

"So, what do you want to do now?" she asked.

I thought for a moment. "Well, we could play a game?" 

"Yeah, that sounds fun. What game do you want to play?"

"Umm..." Let's have some fun I thought... "How about truth or dare?" 

She said absentmindedly, "Yeah sure, that'll be... Wait. WHAT?"

I grinned and took her hand. I led her away into my room.

Penny POV

We sat down on the bed. I was silently beating myself up. Dang it! I fell for his perfect charm again! What did I just get myself into? 

"Okay then Pretty Penny, truth or dare?" he smirked.

I stammered, "Truth?" What was I doing? He could ask me anything!

"Okay think of a number 1-10. 3..2..1.."

"Five" "Six" we said at the same time. He snapped his fingers. "Dang it"

"Truth or Dare Talon?" 

"Truth." 

"Okay, 3...2...1..."

"Seven" "Four"

"Awhhh. That was a good one." I was disappointed.

"Too bad. Truth or Dare?" 

"Truth" I replied defiantly.

"K then, 3...2...1..."

"Eight" We said in unison.

"Oh no!" I buried my face in my hands. He could ask the pass-codes for HQ and I would have to give them to him! Or he could ask how to defeat us or something!

"Yes! Ha! Okay, uhhh... well... um. Do you have a boyfriend?" he stammered.

I raised my head. "What?"

He blushed deeply, "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Not at the moment." I replied shyly.

"A crush?" he asked curious. 

"Sorry big guy. I already answered my question. Okay, Truth or Dare?" 

"Mmmm... dare." 

"K then, 3...2...1.."

"Three." we said. "Ha! There we go!" I said happily.

He grunted. "Ok, let's see... well, do you have a crush?" 

He looked away, suddenly very shy. "Yes... I do."

My heart dropped. WHO STOLE TALON FROM ME. Wait, what? Talon wasn't mine. Yet.

"Who?" I asked eagerly. 

He looked up. "That was question 2. Not answering that."

"Ugh... let's lower the numbers. 1-5?"

"Okay."

Talon POV

My head was buzzing with questions. Has she had a boyfriend? I needed to know this sooner. 

"Actually let's make this better. How 'bout no numbers just truth or dare?" I suggested. I even threw a bit of charm in there.

"Well...." she said nervous.

"Please?" I gave her a dazzling smile, or at least what I hoped was one.

"Okay, okay. Just stop staring at me." I didn't even realize I was. I blushed.

"All right then... Who is your crush if you have one? Be truthful Penny." I said seriously.

She flushed, hard. She fiddled with her fingers. "Well...