Penny's Birthday; Part 1 : Talon's Project

Talon POV

I woke up early and got to work. I brushed my undone hair aside. I would fix it tomorrow. I set out chemistry sets, metal sheets, and tools I would need. I was working on a very special project for Penny's birthday. Hopefully, I thought, If I get it right she'll love it.

Halfway through my day, Dove came on over.

(Shoutout to ilovedonut1!!!)

"Wow. What's all this?" she said inspecting the mess of metal and spilled chemicals. 

"I'm making something for Penny." I said as I took a laser and carefully cut a sheet of metal.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Sorry, that's for me to know and for you to find out after Penny's birthday." I said cautiously. I knew that over the last few days Dove and Kayla had been talking. I don't want any hint of what I'm making to get to Penny.

"Okay, okay. Can I at least watch you work?" she pleaded.

"Only if you don't tell Kayla what I'm up to, or Penny. This is top secret." 

"Got it."

I cut out the final edge on the model shape

I cut out the final edge on the model shape. Dove watched curiously as I smoothed the edges and placed it in a 3D scanner. The gel like substance filled the spaces and copied the shape into a drive. I then set the sheets of white metal into a, well, kind of printer thing. Some of my inventions I haven't named yet. I could hear the whirl of mechanical lasers cutting perfect copies of my shape out. 

"That's amazing." Dove breathed.

I grinned, "Glad you like it."

My day was pretty much cutting shapes and making important gears. At one point Dove fell asleep. I left her there until I had a accidental explosion from a rocket I was working on. Dove jolted and fell off her stool. I laughed and helped her up.

Eventually 7:00 came and Dove had to go. "Not one word to Penny or Kayla." I reminded her sternly. 

"I promise!" she reassured.

I led her out and returned to my work. I was setting up more wires in a silver pack when my uncle called. "Can I not just get one moment of peaceful working by myself?!" I cried. Dove was okay but not my uncle.

"Talon! Are you working on that sparkle bomb yet!" he cried when I entered the room. 

"What?" I said. Sparkle bomb... that was the worst idea yet!

"For your grandmother's husband's niece's birthday party. You better finish it. It is on your chore list." I checked my phone and rolled my eyes. Yep there it was, #45, Sparkle Bomb. 

"Okay Uncle C. I'll work on it in 2 days. I have uh... a very evil thing I'm currently on right now." I hoped that he would take that.

He sat in thought. "Fine. But not a day later or the sharks will have your neck!" 

"Yes. Uncle C. Night then." I left before he could say more.

I worked through the night. I had to have this done before Penny's birthday. I would've worked on it earlier but Uncle C had me go to that mission in Spain! Not that I'm complaining. I started to fantasize about Penny. If only her face was slightly turned when I fell on her. I wonder how soft her lips are... their rich rose color... OW! I looked down to discover I had burned though my glove by holding the end of a live wire. "Dang it." I mumbled. Teaches me right, I can't fantasize about Penny, we're enemies! 

Then why am I making her a present? I wondered. Duh, said another part of me, you love her. Do not! Do too! Do not!! DO TOO!!! Yeah, I admitted. I do. 

At 12 in the morning my bracer alarm went off. I checked it.

'Penny's Birthday!!!!' it notified. 

I quickly set aside the silver sheet I was working on. I pulled up MySpyPlace. I checked activity and discovered that Penny was online. I pulled up her name and composed a text.

A brief moment in Penny POV

I was texting Kayla when another screen on my codex dinged with a text message. I opened it. 

'Happy Birthday Pretty Penny! I'll see you later today okay? ;)'  -Talon

I sprang up and hugged my codex screen.

Talon POV

I opened her text.

'Thanks Tal! But why are you up this late?' -Penny

'Reasons, why are you?' -Talon

'Duh, it's my birthday and Kayla sent me like 300 messages. If I don't answer Im in for it. ;)' -Penny

I grinned

'Well got to finish this. I'll bring it to you tomorrow.' -Talon

I lost my grin as I realized what I sent. No! Your so stupid Talon!

'What?' -Penny

'Never mind. See ya tomorrow! Get some sleep!' -Talon

'Okay goodnight Tal.' -Penny

'Goodnight Pretty Penny.' -Talon

'Night.' -Penny

'Goodnight.' -Talon

This was getting awkward.

'uhh.... ok. Good night?' -Penny

'Good night Pen. Finally message!' -Talon

I sat back and laughed. We even fight on texting. We needed to get a life. I leaned back and started to set the pieces together.

At 3 in the morning I held up the finished product. It was beautiful. She was going to love it! I hope... I zombie walked to my room and collapsed on the bed. My last thought was of Pretty Pen's beautiful blush and her stunning gown a day ago.