Broken Spells and Broken Hearts

Talon POV

I groaned. Every limb in my body ached with the feeling of too many potions. My stomach felt like it would burst. There was so much of that bitter chocolate. It was nasty. She held out another one for me. 

"No. Please Penny. Not more. Please! I'm begging you!" I turned my head to the side refusing to eat.

"Talon! You have to eat it. You love me don't you?" she said angrily. 

"Your not the Penny I love. Go away! Your a fraud!" I yelled struggling against my weak limbs.

She growled and shoved the chocolate in my mouth, force feeding me. My mind blurred, and I stopped moving. All I could do was breath. 

In. Out. In. Out.

Penny POV

I kicked a rotting board on the window. It cracked, but loudly. I winced. 

"What was that?" I heard Sarah ask.

It was me girl, you better run, I thought. I jumped to the floor, rolling to despell the impact. I ran around the corner. The sight still stung my heart, or what was left of it. Talon was now tied to the chair and Sarah shoved another chocolate in his mouth. 

"Eat it Talon! Don't you love me?" she yelled.

"Stop it Pen! I don't like the chocolates!" he yelled, then the spell took place again. His eyes glazed and he stopped struggling. She smirked and hugged him.

I growled. Sarah sat up and frowned.

"Get off of Talon!" I said advancing. 

"Why? He doesn't want you. Right Tal?" she looked at him.

"Why are there two of you?" he said confused.

The little fraud rolled her eyes and took another chocolate from her bag. I ran forward and kicked her hand. She cried out and dropped the smashed chocolate. Cradling her now broken hand she ran at me. She tried to tackle me, but I dropped to the ground and kicked her as she flew by. She crashed to the ground behind me and I ran to untie Talon. I cried out in pain as Sarah twisted my arms behind my back, pushing me down with her weight. I rolled over on top of her and stomped as hard as I could. She groaned, the air knocked out of her. I took my codex and locked it like handcuffs around her arms. She growled and tried to kick me. I punched her in the face, making her nose bleed. 

"That's for Talon." I said.

Talon POV

Penny walked over to me and untied me. Why wasn't she happy? She looked very sad. My mind blurred and I groaned. My stomach was going to explode. Penny frowned and took something out of her pocket. I cried out in alarm as water hit my face. My vision cleared. Penny looked down at me, but she wasn't happy. Her face was set in stone. She couldn't be the real Pen. She was that fake!

"No more chocolates! I don't like them! I HATE YOU PENNY!" I screamed. Why was I screaming at Penny? No, she wasn't Penny. She was crying. Penny doesn't cry.

Penny POV

I slapped him. 

"Wake up Talon! It's me!" I screamed. 

He hates me? My mind screamed that he was under the spell still, but my heart believed every word. He hates me.

Talon's eyes cleared. He looked at me. He cocked his head suspiciously. 

"Wha... What was the line I used when I gave you your rocket boots with wings?" 

"You said an angel shouldn't be without her wings." I was crying now.

He stood up and hugged me. I started to embrace him then pushed him away. He looked at me hurt.

"Penny why..."

"Not now Talon. I have to go." I started my rocket boots and took to the shattered window. Tears streamed down my face.

Talon POV

She was the real Penny! My heart dropped... I said I hated her! I kicked off and followed. 

"Penny! Wait!"

She was good at flying but I had more experience. I caught up to her and hugged her. She hesitated, her tears were soaking my jacket but I didn't care. 

"Penny I'm so sorry. I couldn't stop her. I thought you were her and I yelled. I love you. I really do. I'm so sorry if anything I have ever done made you think otherwise. I love you and only you. Please don't leave. I can't do this without you." I started rambling. I couldn't lose Penny.

Penny hugged back, but softly. 

"I know it wasn't your fault, but I can't convince my heart. I'm sorry. I need to go. I'll see you later." she let go of me, starting to hover backwards.

I looked at her in shock. 

Penny looked at me tears streaming down her face and left. 

My eyes watered. I couldn't lose Penny, I just couldn't. I had to win her back. I tried to think of something that would change her mind. I had an idea. Maybe, just maybe, I could fix this...

Penny POV

I collapsed on my bed. I just couldn't believe it. How did this even happen? Who was Sarah, why did she do this? How could she do this? 

Brain came in hauling the laundry. He stopped, dumbfounded upon seeing me weeping. He hopped onto the bed and gave me a look that said, What happened?

"Brain, my hearts broken." I hugged him. 

He was shocked but hugged back. Patting my back, he ran out of my room and returned with a steaming glass of hot chocolate.

I wiped a tear away. He was so sweet.

"Thanks Brain."

But sweets couldn't fix my heart. Only one person could do that, and I didn't know how he could. 

Could this ever be fixed?