III

A Richer Shade of Gold Chapter Three

Chapter Three

          Kendall let out a little grunt as she ripped her sky high heels off. She turned back and gently closed the front door to her house. She could hear laughter and chatter come through from the dining room. Great, her father had guests and she had no intentions of associating with them whatsoever.

She had even stopped at Xavier's house for a few hours before coming home and yet she still managed to arrive at the wrong time. She rolled her hazel eyes before advancing quickly towards the stairs, feeling extremely open to the idea of taking a warm bath.

She was making her way up the first couple of steps when the front door clicked open. Kendall paused and turned, frowning as the visitor did what Kendall had done not a moment before.

"You're kidding." Kendall said, catching the attention of the dark haired intruder who had just waltzed into her home like he owned it. His slightly startled gaze snapped up to her, causing his thick chocolate locks to sweep across his forehead and past his alert eyes. His facial features seemed to loosen up as he took in Kendall leaning against the gold railing of her stairs.

"And what would I be kidding about?" He replied, sporting some sort of unique accent, before raising a dark brow. Kendall sighed, she wasn't really expecting him to answer the way he did. She was more muttering to herself and didn't intend for her statement to be so loud. She was just wondering what the mysterious rich guy was doing in her house after being at her school.

"Nothing, I guess." Kendall murmured, "Well, you better hurry along, Mr Emeretta isn't a fan of tardiness."

"And who might you be?" He stepped closer to her and asked her with a hint of demand in his deep tone which Kendall did not react kindly to. Looking closer at his facial features now, Kendall noticed that he had a scar which scratched its faint imperfection into his upper lip, ruining her first impression of perfection for him.

"Excuse me, you walk into my home and demand who I am?" Kendall chuckled, resting her hand which had her fingers hooked around her shoes over her shoulder. "That's not how it works."

Kendall then turned to walk up the stairs but was, much to her disliking, interrupted by the voice that belonged to her father's. She gritted her teeth before turning back around.

"Wesley! Welcome! I see you've met Kendall," her father said, going to shake the hand of the moron who just entered her house.

"Ah, yes, Mr Emeretta, why I have," Wesley replied, his beautifully dark green eyes focused on Kendall's hazel ones. He stalked over to her and grabbed her free hand ever so gently. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Kendall." He said smoothly, bringing her hand up and brushing his lips against the back of her hand.

Kendall immediately pulled her hand away, her frown rapidly deepening. "I'd say the same, however, I favour the truth." She lifted her chin, but all her hostile reaction did was widen Wesley's grin. He knew he had gotten under her skin.