IX

A Richer Shade of Gold Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

"What an ass," Kendall muttered as she desperately tried to abate the colour of the crimson splatter on the front of her white dress.

Olivia sighed and gave Kendall a sympathetic smile, "It's fine, I'm sure we can buy another."

"It's not about the dress." Kendall told her, "I mean, sure this gorgeous dress now has a horrible red stain on it but it's the fact that Wesley thinks he can do something like this and get away with it."

Olivia's face stretched into a grin, "Alright, what do you have planned?"

Kendall shrugged, her lips curving into a little smirk, "I have somewhat of an idea."

"Well, are you gonna tell me?" Olivia pushed excitedly.

"I'm gonna keep this one a secret. Trust me when I say that when you witness it, you'll be proud of me." Kendall reassured her.

"It must be amazing if you're not gonna tell me." Olivia mock huffed.

Kendall simply gave her best friend a smirk, confirming what Olivia was saying was right. There was a drawn-out silence as Kendall went back to dabbing her dress and Olivia crumpled down on the neatly made white bed. There was a loud holler not long after coming from the raving party downstairs. "What is that?" Kendall asked.

Olivia sat up and shrugged, trying to not look bored. Kendall rolled her eyes. "Go on."

"What?"

Kendall chuckled motioning to her dress, "This is my problem, just go and enjoy yourself."

"You sure, K?" Olivia's tone was skeptical as she looked at her best friend.

"Yes, go before I throw my heels at you."

Olivia let out a hearty laugh, "You would never! Those are your favourite."

Kendall smiled, her best friend knew her too well. "Go!"

"I'm going!" Olivia raised her hands in defence as she opened the door, the music blasting through the opening. "Ta-da!"

Kendall let out a puff of air as she gave up on saving her dress. She chucked the damp towel on the dresser and opened the closet of Ethan's sister to find something else to wear.

"Here, no one ever comes into Jade's room." Ethan had said as Olivia and Kendall walked into the neat and minimalistic bedroom.

"Thank you," Kendall said gratefully as Ethan handed her a damp towel to aid with the stain.

"No problem." Ethan smiled, "And if you have no success with the dress, which is likely, just borrow something from Jade's closet. She won't mind, she likes you anyways."