XXX

A Richer Shade of Gold Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

The following day had gone by too fast. It was a rush and had flown by, and before she knew it, Kendall found herself in front of Wesley Archer's house, a coffee in hand. She sighed. Better get this over with.

It had become a common occurrence to avoid all communication during school with Wesley. The pair had found themselves avoiding each other a whole lot lately.

I wonder why, Kendall thought bitterly.

"Last time I checked, Kendall, frostbite wasn't a beauty trend!"

Kendall turned around and was greeted by two kisses on her cheeks.

"Matthias!" Kendall smiled, "I haven't seen you all year." It was a joke between them. Every time they met up for the planning of the Winter Gala, they'd mention how it's been a year since they last saw each other. Of course, sometimes they'd see each other around in functions or on the street but the joke still stood. Although it didn't feel that funny today.

"I love what you've done with the hair!" he complimented, "Lobs have been popular lately."

"It was just a trim, Matthias, honestly."

"Ah, I miss Holland." Matthias put a hand on his forehead and looked away dramatically, "She was always more into trends than you."

"Yep, she is also much more likeable than me." Kendall muttered.

"Nonsense!" Matthias waved a hand before looping a tattooed arm through Kendall's. "C'mon, it's too cold for small talk out here."

And thus Matthias rung the doorbell. The two were greeted by Wesley who politely greeted them and invited them in. Kendall fell in love with the inside of Wesley's house the moment she stepped her heeled foot into it. It had a Gatsby atmosphere to it. The roaring twenties was the era Kendall felt she would've liked to live in.

"So, you're Matthias." Wesley said, once the trio stopped in a living room.

"Yes, that would be me."  Matthias said.

It was no secret that Wesley was a little stunned by Matthias's appearance. He stood just a tad taller than Wesley in his Chelsea boots and looked intimidating with the large spacers in his ears. While Kendall didn't approve of them, they were a part of his character and Kendall couldn't quite imagine him without them now.

"Would you like to stick a finger through them?" Matthias asked, sarcasm in his tone as Wesley continued to take in the tattoos and piercings all over Matthias's body.

Wesley cleared his throat, "No, thank you. Sorry if I came across as rude. It's just I've never seen someone with..."

"So many holes?" Matthias grinned, "It's all right, I like that I can manipulate my body and design it. I don't care much for people who judge me because of it."