XVII

A Richer Shade of Gold Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

The next following weeks went by at their own leisurely pace. Kendall and Wesley were at each other's throats as per usual and Xavier was buzzing about how well he went in the swim meet weeks before.

He was angling to get a scholarship to an Ivy League university for swimming. His parents were supportive of his hobby but in the end, that was all they thought it was — a hobby. They weren't so excited about Xavier heading down a career path as an athlete and thus decided not to pay for his fees unless he studied something like business or law.

Kendall wished for Xavier to excel at his swimming and get accepted but she also saw where his parents were coming from. Xavier was an only child and they eventually needed Xavier to take over their law firm.

Around a week before Clarissa and William's wedding day, Kendall was in French class, taking notes on her laptop as per usual when she heard a light snip behind her. Actually, strangely close to her. The soft sounds continued and Kendall heard a snicker to her left. Her head snapped to behind her where her most favourite person sat. Kendall left out a soft gasp, her lips parting as she caught Wesley Archer, scissors in hand.

"Don't tell me you..." Kendall started, taking a controlled breath.

Wesley shrugged and held up a golden lock of hair, "Does this answer your very vague question?"

Kendall's eyes snapped to her hair and she held a part of it up — her long hair, which flowed down her back was now half gone. Bluntly cut off at around the middle of her chest area.

"Wesley, how old are you?" Kendall's loud voice boomed, her speech oozing with repugnance. The class fell silent and Ms Belrose turned around to find what the disturbance was. "How juvenile must you be to pull something as foolish as this?"

Kendall was standing at this point, glaring down at Wesley who leaned back into his chair, lifting his feet to rest them on the table. He wore an amused smirk on his face as Kendall verbally attacked him.

That's it. Kendall thought as she grabbed the scissors Wesley had placed down on his table. She grabbed a fistful of Wesley's thick, coarse brown hair and snipped it off. Wesley let out a disgruntled yelp and scrambled up from his stupidly smug position just earlier. Kendall then grabbed another part of his hair on the side and messily cut some off, making sure to miss his ear although she was extremely tempted to not miss it.

At this point, Wesley had knocked the table over in an effort to stand up and so Kendall pushed him back down and straddled him, now snipping random parts of his dry, chlorinated hair as she held his jaw with her left hand. A shocked Ms Belrose had called for the two to stop but Wesley had now somehow managed to get his hands on another pair of scissors and starting giving Kendall choppy side bangs. The pair squabbled and screamed at each other as they kept going at each other's hair, rough locks of chocolate brown and blonde swiftly falling down in a widespread mess around Wesley's chair.