XXVII

A Richer Shade of Gold Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Kendall woke up to an empty bed. Wesley's side of the bed had been left messy, with covers roughly strewn over. He probably woke up the earliest he could to escape being in the same bed as her. It was such a weird thing to think about. Kendall and Wesley, in the same bed. It didn't seem right to Kendall. No, it seemed unnatural.

What would Olivia think when she walked out of Wesley's bedroom? Oh god, what the hell was she supposed to do? Even if she said nothing happened between the two, which nothing really did happen, who the hell would believe her anyways? Kendall's mind was already running wild and it was probably only around nine in the morning which was still early considering she and Wesley didn't get to sleep until around the early morning. Kendall also couldn't get Wesley's words out of her head from last night. 'So that's what it's like.' What did that mean? That she was just some object? And how could she allow someone like Wesley to be involved in a situation like that?

Again, her impulsive nature had kicked in and screwed things up. She wasn't even sure if Wesley had accepted her pathetic apology last night. Well, if anything, he wouldn't be getting another one.

Kendall threw the blanket off her body and swung herself up. Might as well dive head-first into the problem strongly and confidently. Her plan was slightly affected when she felt a sharp pain in her head. Kendall winced and stumbled a few steps, her hand placed on her head as she squeezed her eyes shut. She sighed heavily and opened Wesley's bedroom door and walked down the hall and into the main living space.

"Morning." Wesley said from the table, a cup of what was most likely tea in his hands.

Kendall mumbled back a disgruntled morning and made her way straight for the door.

"I wouldn't recommend that." Wesley warned as Kendall reached for the door handle. Kendall ignored Wesley and followed her own judgement and was immediately faced with a wall of hard, icy snow.

"Are you kidding me?!" Kendall exclaimed, "What in the greatest depths of hell?!"

Wesley stiffled laughter as he watched Kendall's stressed demeanour take over her usual collected one. An amused grin stretched across his lips as he silently observed how she slowly began to crumble in front of him. Call him sadistic, but he found it amusing and quite interesting. Was it simply the fact that Kendall was snowed in with him for God knows how long or because of something more? Something that happened between the two? Perhaps something last night maybe? Wesley marvelled at the strong possibility that Kendall Emeretta was at her breaking point, and all because of him. His grin morphed into a smirk as she continued to curse and wonder aloud what she had done to deserve such a thing.