XIV

A Richer Shade of Gold Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

          All Kendall could recall of Thursday was that everyone was talking non-stop about Wesley. And Xavier for that matter.

Rumours of the pair circulated the school. Some people were claiming they saw it coming while others couldn't fathom the fact that the two were 'a thing'. Kendall could see why Xavier took the opportunity to be a part of it all. It was an experiment to see how his peers would react. If they did so poorly, he could've just claimed that it was all a joke. But upon witnessing the overall reaction from everyone, it was safe to say Xavier wouldn't have to resort to that.

Wesley was missing that day, obviously too embarrassed to show his face in school after the events of the previous day. Kendall wore a smug smirk upon her face for the whole day, not being able to contain her proudness. Ethan went back to his usual group of friends on Thursday, dismissing himself and proclaiming himself not needed after the prank they pulled on Wesley.

Ethan hung out with a group of the lower gold students, who were popular but just not quite up to Kendall and her friends' standard. Ethan could've easily been part of Kendall's group but he stayed with his other friends.

Kendall left the issue alone because she knew that Ethan had a little crush on Sachi Kimura, a friendly mixed Japanese girl who was terrifying should you ever insult her. She kept to herself most of the time but when someone was rude or made fun of her or her friends, she would turn into an entirely different personality. The polite look in her warm eyes and the way she would softly carry her words would vanish. Her eyes would become cold and her tone would be laced with viciousness.

Kendall suspected Sachi rose so high because she was so intimidating. She was taller than the average female, standing at about 5' 11", and played many tough sports such as hockey, lacrosse and water polo. She also had an extremely accurate memory and breezed through school work.

Ever since the arrival of Sachi, Ethan had had his eye on her, making sure to work his charm on her. Many of Ethan and Sachi's friends knew about Ethan's feelings for her but no one knew of Sachi's. Similar to Kendall, Sachi was good at concealing her emotions, which Kendall respected and understood. The two hadn't spoken much but knew of each other. Sachi was the social equivalent to Ethan. There was a respectable agreement between the two, both just steered clear of each other and that was the end of it. They just never found a reason to strike up a conversation.

No one payed attention to anything taught in class that day. The whole student body was buzzing with their new slice into the lives of Kendall and the Elite. Kendall assumed Wesley was now apart of what was Ridgeman's Elite. Wesley's rank hadn't been established but Kendall knew that the people had practically decided him Gold already. Kendall didn't care too much, just as long as Natasha didn't sneak up with him.