VII

A Richer Shade of Gold Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Kendall breathed out a sigh of relief when she walked through the entrance of Queen Bean. She was in her sanctuary, and in the mild pre-peak-hour Manhattan traffic, the cab ride only took twenty-five minutes. 

She sighed contentedly when she noticed Jace making the last of the three drinks she ordered. "You're the best." She breathed, rushing towards the counter where Jace was whipping up cups filled with heavenly goodness.

Xavier and Olivia were already sat in a booth in the corner of the small coffee shop. Xavier hopped up and walked towards Kendall, intending to help carry drinks and finding out what she'd been up to.

"You took a cab?" He asked her, folding his arms over one another, "And you're still here after us?"

Kendall laughed at his motherly attitude, "I stopped at Barney's and treated myself to a Hermes scarf from their new winter collection. Wesley was getting on my nerves so I escaped, there was no way in hell I was going to walk in these shoes."

"Right..." Xavier said disbelievingly, even though Kendall held up her Barney's bag as proof. 

"Wesley..." Jace interjected questioningly, expecting Kendall to finish his sentence.

"Archer. A royal pain in my ass."

"K, you do know that Wesley—"

Kendall cut Xavier off, "I'm sick of hearing about him. Can we change the subject?"

Jace chuckled before turning back around to finish up another drink. He turned back around to say something when he got interrupted by a shrill scream followed by a loud crash, "Jace! I, uh, need help, I-I don't know what, uh..."

Jace rolled his eyes and shook his head, "Here we go again."

"Who is it?" Kendall asked, her eyebrows creasing as she leant to try and get a good look at what was happening in the storeroom of Queen Bean.

"Some new girl we just hired. Her name's Jennifer or something." Have answered, glancing back at the storeroom before sighing, "I better make sure she hasn't made a bigger mess. Sorry, I'll bring your drinks out shortly."

"That's fine, we'll just be over there," Kendall replied before she and Xavier headed back to where Olivia was.

"Hey, where've you been?" Olivia asked her best friend, looking up from her phone as Kendall sat down opposite her.

Kendall held up her Barneys bag, "Shopping." 

Olivia wasn't surprised and instead, smiled with approval. "So, hey, are we going to the party on Saturday? I've gotta make an excuse if we are." Olivia said, picking her phone up and unlocking it.

"Yes, we are. You guys can sleep at mine after." Xavier offered.

"Cool, I'll text my mother."

Kendall sighed, resting her chin on her hand, "I might wear the new white dress that I bought a fortnight ago."