XII

A Richer Shade of Gold Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

To follow through or not to follow through. Kendall's thoughts were a mess; a vicious hurricane circling around her head, making sure to not let her get a logical thought out without an element of doubt in play. She was questioning whether or not to follow through with her plan to embarrass Wesley. Of course she wanted to get back at him for being so...annoying and in-her-face, but was it really the smartest thing to do?

Kendall already knew the answer but she felt that maybe, just maybe, if she humiliated Wesley enough, he would pull back from all the childish things he had been doing. Although the dinner she had shared with him alone at her hotel had made her reevaluate Wesley and his intentions, it still didn't explain why he had been going out of his way to harass her but it had made her stop and think, "What if he wasn't so bad?"

"K," Kendall felt a gentle nudge on her shoulder and blinked, looking at Olivia who had a worried expression on her face.

"Yes?"

"What's up with you? You've been so out of it today."

Kendall sighed, "It's nothing, I just have a lot on my mind."

"Wanna spill?" Olivia asked, raising her brows.

"Just answer me this; what is the point of all this nonsense that Wesley and I are doing? Is it worth it? And should I follow through with the thing I had been planning?"

"Hm, well, it would help if I knew what said thing was but I would say yeah. He's been nothing but an ass and while he may be attractive and godlike and...god, a really good swimmer-"

"Is this supposed to be helpful?" Kendall interrupted Olivia's little drool over Kendall's pompous business partner.

"Yes, sorry, uh, he's a jerk and you should show him who's boss!" Olivia said, grinning rather sheepishly.

"He just wasn't so insufferable last night." Kendall mumbled, frowning as she fiddled with her Hael ring.

"Excuse me, what?" Olivia asked, "What was last night?"

"We had dinner, I had to check up on the hotel and my father wanted me to bring Wesley along." Kendall explained.

Olivia's cerulean eyes lit up, "Cute! If he wasn't such a jerk, I'd say to tap that."

"Olivia!" Kendall hissed disapprovingly.

Olivia let out a chortle as Kendall gave her a look of mild disgust and turned away, channeling her attention to the pool in front of them. They were waiting for Xavier to finish practice. He had an important meet coming up soon and wanted to train as much as he could. After their little clash yesterday, Kendall and Xavier talked though it, both of them apologising and moving on from the dumb argument they shared.