XIX

A Richer Shade of Gold Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

"What about this one?"

"No, it's too sheer."

Wesley huffed as he returned the wedding veil back to its display. After her argument with Xavier, Kendall called Wesley, asking for his assistance. She wasn't sure what made her do it. She could've easily called Olivia or anyone else but she didn't. She rang Wesley Archer and that was who she got.

"This one?"

"No." Kendall answered, not even bothering to give a reason. The veil was just too damn ugly and Kendall would not allow her father to marry someone wearing such a hideous accessory. Kendall would rather Clarissa walk down the aisle with her green hair visible.

"Why is this so difficult?" Wesley complained before walking away, not allowing Kendall to answer him. Kendall just rolled her eyes and continued to search for the perfect last-minute solution.

"How about this?"

Kendall was prepared to say no but when she looked at it for longer than a mere second she contemplated whether or not it was the right one. "Hm..."

"Please just say yes so I can go back to snacking on eclairs and drinking champagne." Wesley told her.

"It will have to do." Kendall nodded and the pair bought the veil. It was nothing special, but it was enough to hide most of the green in Clarissa's hair.

"We'll have to walk back quick." Wesley told her, looking up from his watch, "The wedding starts in less than an hour."

-

"You may kiss the bride."

"I'm relieved that's over." Kendall muttered once Clarissa and her father pulled back.

"Now, now." Wesley quipped in a low tone to which Kendall rolled her eyes at.

"But," Kendall started as her father and stepmother started to walk down the aisle, "in all seriousness, thank you."

"It was the least I could do."

Kendall nodded as everyone else started to stand, making their way out. "Come on."

"Don't get your knickers in a twist, I'm coming." Wesley replied as he followed Kendall out the room. The pair followed the crowd off the boat and from there, there were limos to take the guests over to the reception that would be held at the hotel.

After all the effort Kendall and Wesley put in to finding a veil, Clarissa's hair was still visible but the wedding continued. Clarissa said she didn't care and that she just wanted to get off the boat married and so she walked down the aisle, her hair in various stripes of auburn and green. Kendall had tracked down Olivia and told her what Xavier had done. Of course, Kendall didn't want her argument with Xavier to come between his friendship with Olivia and so Kendall avoided her two best friends after that and stuck with Wesley. As much as she disliked Wesley, she knew she would have to put up with him. She had no other choice. And she really didn't feel like chatting with her father's or Clarissa's friends.