XV

A Richer Shade of Gold Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

          Milky-white flags flew aggressively at Kendall upon the opening of her locker, catching her off guard as she took a struggled step back. Once the miniature pieces of cloth reached the ground below her, Kendall stepped forward, her heels crushing the rectangles of snow-white fabric. She grabbed the largest flag which was displayed on a stand in the middle of her locker and turned to read the message on the back of it;

Surrender before this gets ugly.

Kendall scoffed in disbelief, "Like hell." She muttered to herself. She marched over to a boy on the steps who was smoking and demanded his lighter. She flicked the lighter and set the large flag on fire. Tossing the lighter back to the boy, she stalked back and over to Wesley who was sitting with some lowlives. She chucked the flag onto his lap and sent him a murderous glare as he jumped to his feet in horror. Wesley flicked the burning flag off himself, a look of distress upon his face.

"Are you mental?" He exclaimed.

"No but you are if you think I'm going to give up so easily." Kendall shot back.

Wesley shrugged, "It was worth a shot."

"That's the most pathetic excuse I've ever heard. Reminds me of you."

Wesley's eyes narrowed ever so slightly, "I would take pathetic over petty and negligible."

"Please," Kendall said sarcastically, "keep those insults coming, I love feeling like I'm back in the fourth grade."

"Oh, you'll get more than nugatory insults, sweetheart."

"Is that a threat?" Kendall asked, a smirk on her face.

"Only for you." Wesley threw her a smirk back.

"I'd expect no less. Hit me with your best, Archer." Kendall said before looking Wesley up and down. She sent him a malicious smile and walked away, set on finding Xavier, Olivia and Ethan.

-

Upon locating Xavier and Olivia, Kendall informed them that the fight between her and Wesley was being taken up a notch or two. Kendall made no mistake in informing her friends that she was being completely serious. When lunch rolled around, Kendall headed for Ethan's table, ready to discuss the next move from her end. Unfortunately, Kendall was informed that Ethan was out for lunch and wouldn't be back until the end of it. Luckily, Ethan and Kendall had a free period after lunch and so they could head to the library and discuss their devious plans there.

"You can take a seat if you want though, Ethan could be back before the end of lunch." Joey Rowan offered, his warm brown eyes welcoming her as he gestured to the seat next to him and opposite Sachi.