XIII

A Richer Shade of Gold Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Everything was set. Everything was in place and Kendall was just waiting until the plan was put in motion. She wasn't entirely sure if everything would work but Xavier had intervened and convinced her it would. Xavier was the last piece in the puzzle. He had offered his help, making Kendall's original plan even more humiliating for her victim. But she didn't care. She was sick of all the shit that she had been put through by Wesley and she knew that this wouldn't be the last time she would humiliate him.

Kendall tried not to think about what she had planned too much more. The more her mind was left on the issue, the more she found it childish and immature. Kendall was conflicted because Xavier was sacrificing a lot for this. For her. A lot was on the line.

As Kendall walked to the pool with Xavier and Ethan, she sighed heavily at the thought of the events that occurred the previous day. How dare Wesley mention her mother? How could he? Was he really that much of an insensitive prick? Well, Kendall could only assume so considering all the nightmarish things he had been doing and saying to her.

"Nervous?" Ethan asked, nudging Kendall out of her thoughts.

"Not for my sake." Kendall answered, glancing at Xavier.

Ethan nodded and there was a drawn out silence before he spoke again, asking if the trio had everything that they needed.

Xavier nodded, "As far as I know, we've got everything we need to pull this off."

"Are you sure you want to do this Xavier?" Kendall asked him again for what seemed like the hundredth time that day.

Xavier nodded slowly slowly but surely, "Of course, this is something I have to do. This was just an opportunity for it."

Kendall's face fell into a little frown, which seemed to be her resting face nowadays, "Okay."

"Don't do that." Xavier winced.

"What?" Kendall asked.

"I hate when you say okay that way." Xavier muttered, "It's so unemotional but so judgemental at the same time. It's like you're saying fine, but if you get caught in the crossfire it's not my fault because I told you so."

"Sorry," Kendall murmured. "I just don't want you to get hurt."

"I won't, K." Xavier reassured his best friend, "This is something I was always going to do anyways. I can't hide this anymore, it's just so damn frustrating."