Chapter 14

Jordan

I woke up early just to come to church and wack the minister who was doing dirty work on the side. He got mixed up in some shit that resulted in a nigga by the name of Cyan calling and asking me to get rid of him. He was willing to pay 2 million and I accepted his offer. The fact that this man is a minister isn't my concern. I'm just trynna do my job and get paid.

I grew up going to church, but I recently stopped going cause ion think it's right for me to kill people and come to church like I'm perfect.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes, feeling them start to get heavy. I didn't go to sleep until 6 in the morning because I was on the phone with Domonique. We agreed to hang up at a reasonable time, but when the time came she didn't want me to hang up. Not that I wanted to anyway, conversations with her are everything.

I looked down at my vibrating phone seeing a text from Domonique asking me if I want something from Taco Bell. I thought long and hard about it before texting her my order and slipping my phone in my pocket.

About a hour later, he was done preaching and the people had begun to leave. I remained seated, watching as he took his time approaching me.

He sat next to me and folded his arms over his chest. I moved my gaze to the cross that was in front us. I was strongly debating on getting a jesus piece but I want it done a certain way and none of the local jewelers have met my expectations. I'd have to travel long distance to one of the best jewelers and I'd definitely go when I'm not overwhelmed with school, work, or Domonique.

"Jordan, that's your name right?" he asked and I looked at him before nodding.

He chuckled, "My son came in last night bragging about how he wants to be just like you."

"Your son is a smart boy."

"If he follows after you, he'll become arrogant, a selfish asshole, a coward.. I could name a hundred words but I won't." he said and I clenched my jaw.

I'm getting tired of people saying shit like that about me. They portray me to be a bad person, but I'm not. Nobody understands that tho, nobody ever will.

"You spend so much time in Church, telling people that only God can judge; yet you just judged me. See, what you don't understand is; the world needs people like me to get rid of people like you cause people like you don't make it in the streets, they're targets. I put in work to get where I am right now, I could give a fuck bout what broke boys like yourself have to say about me." I said and he laughed loudly.

"You're so money hungry. You came here today for money, not God. What does that say about you?" he asked.

"I'm about my money, that's what it says." I say before standing to my feet and removing my pistol from the front of my jeans. Surprisingly, he didn't beg like the others would. He closed his eyes, awaiting me to shoot him and I pulled the trigger, making blood splatter everywhere.

His body slumped over and I stepped over him while texting Domonique, letting her know I'd be on my way once I called somebody to get this shit cleaned up.

**

"Move Domo." I say while trying to push her off me but she wrapped her arms around my waist and continued to be annoying by singing old Chris Brown songs in my ear.

She bit my cheek and I sighed, wondering when she would leave me alone. Soon after she placed her finger under my chin, tilting my head up some, she began sucking on the side of my neck.

She came up and pecked my lips before straddling my lap and looking down at her nails.

"I need to go and get my nails done." she said and I looked down at her nails seeing one of them was broke.