Chapter 22

Dakota Agustin

I tucked my phone away as I watched Assyria angrily make breakfast. After the night we had I ain't expect her to still have a whole attitude.

"You wan talk about what got you so mad?" I calmly asked and she turned away from the stove, giving me a look that made me regret talking to her in the first place.

"I really hate you." She stated, on the verge of crying.

"What I do?" I asked, trying to remain calm.

"What didn't you do? You literally choose everything over me and that's fucked up because I put nothing above you." She snapped, slightly raising her voice.

"That's a choice you made." I said and she threw a plate towards me but I ducked so it hit the wall behind me. "You don't give a fuck about shit but money. I don't even know why I'm with you." She yelled. "You know all them stories you told me about your dad? You act just like him and that's a damn shame." She said and I chuckled. I was trying to keep from saying something I'd regret but she kept talking shit and I couldn't ignore it.

"Fuck you. Ion need you, Assyria. I swear I don't." I said, getting up from the table. Her face went emotionless as we stared each other down. "Fuck you too, pussy." She snapped and to keep from saying or doing anything stupid, I walked away.

"Lose my fucking number" I called over my shoulder before leaving from her house, being sure to slam the door as hard as I could.

***

The next day

"Why you look so damn depressed? You're the one that suggested we leave." Jahde said, and I sucked my teeth as I glared at her. "I'm not depressed." I mumbled, turning down the street my mother lives on.

After cheating on Jahde numerous times with Assyria, I was back home where I needed to be. According to Sven, there was a lot that needed to be done so I planned to get straight to it after stopping by to see what mama wanted.

"Don't say shit when we get in here. You know she don't like you." I said as I unlocked the doors and got out. I pulled my phone from my pocket and responded to the text from the shordy I mess with on the side. Out of all my side pieces, she was my favorite, having some qualities of a wife but mostly slut tendencies. She was beautiful, but she was no Assyria.

"You better not be texting no bitches." Jahde said as she glared at me. "I'll stop texting bitches when you stop fucking broke local gang bangers. If you gon cheat make sure you fuck somebody wit more money than me." I say just as my mother opened the door up.

Even though I was irritated and lowkey depressed, I still smiled when I saw her. "Hey baby" ma says as we hugged. She took a step back, allowing us to come in and I motioned for Jahde to go in first.

"So how was LA?" She asked me and I shrugged, not wanting to answer her question because she would make me go into detail. "It was coo I guess." I said simply, feeling Jahde staring a hole through the side of my face.

"Hold on, let me go and check this food real quick." Ma says and I watched her go before turning to face Jahde because I knew she was about to say something.

"Where did you hear that?" She asked, referring to what I said a few minutes ago. "Who you think gave them niggas permission to hit?" I say, earning a slap to my face. "What I tell you bout that shit?" I snapped, wanting to slap her abusive ass back.

"How could you say that? I've been nothing but loyal to you" She said and I smacked my teeth as I rubbed the side of my face until the stinging sensation was gone. "Can you even spell loyalty?" I asked and she got up from the couch, storming out of the house.