Chapter 8

Jordan

I squint my eyes at Domonique while she angrily makes breakfast. Her attitudes be giving me a attitude so we both be pissed off. She puts my plate in front of me and pours me a tall glass of orange juice before putting it beside my plate. I stare down at the burnt bacon, toast, and eggs before looking back at her.

"What the fuck is this?" I calmly question and she fake smiles. "Your breakfast. Is it not good enough for you?" she dryly says and I look at the food again. "This shit ain't even edible. Make me something else." I demand, sliding the plate away from me and drinking some of my orange juice.

"Excuse me?" she questions with her head tilted to the side and her eyebrow raised. "You heard what I said Domonique. I don't know why your disrespectful ass would do this." I snapped. "I didn't have to make you breakfast. Somewhere in this world there's a starving child so you better eat that shit." she said and I laughed. I don't know why but that shit was funny as fuck to me.

"Baby you funny." I say and she mocked my laugh before her face got serious. "You think everything a joke. There wasn't shit funny about that."

"And you turn everything into a argument, fuck is your problem?" I calmly ask her. "You know what my problem is." she says. "You miss your side nigga or something? You can go see him whenever you want, and tell him my fault for keeping you away from him for so long." I sarcastically say, earning a slap to my face. I rubbed the stinging sensation away before looking at her.

"I understand that you're hurting but that's not a reason to disrespect me." she says, crying lightly. What the fuck was there for her to cry for? She been doing her own thing. It's like she ain't even married.

"Hurt? Man you don't know the half of what I'm feeling and it's only because you haven't been here." I snapped. 

"And I'm sorry baby. I was just so caught up with work that I forgot you needed me." she says, wiping tears from my eyes. I move her hands away from my face and get up from the island.

"Fuck you. I don't need you." I snapped, going upstairs and packing my duffel bag full of clothes. I tucked my gun in the front of my jeans and left from the room. Just as I was about to walk down the stairs, I looked over my shoulder at Assyria's room. No matter what happens between me and Domonique, she's always gon have my heart and imma always be there for her.

"You're leaving me?" she asks and I looked away from her and at the marbled floor. "You need time so I'm giving it to you." I said.

"I don't. I just need you baby. Don't leave, we can fix this." she says and I shook my head as I walked past her and to the front door. I glanced at her to see she was crying hard. It hurt a lot to do this but it has to be done. I opened the door and left out. I'd probably end up getting a hotel room or something but first I needed to go and see Kilo.

***

"My nigga, wassup with you?" Kilo smiled as he opened the door to his mansion and stepped to the side, allowing me to come in. "I need to talk to you about something." I said as we walked further into his mansion and to his chill spot.

I sat on the plush white couch as he opened his safe and got a pound of weed out. "Wassup?" he asks and I took a deep breath before looking at him. "I think I'm addicted to antidepressants." I admitted and he looked up from the blunt he was rolling.

"I be trying to stop taking them but I like the high I get. I don't know what's going on with me." I said.

"Just think about your daughter and how you grew up. Better yet, think about your wife and how her mother was a dope fiend." he says and I sighed, taking in his words. "I'm leaving her." I said and he raised a eyebrow.

"For what? That's yo homie and lover in one. Why you wanna give that up?" he asks.

"Because all we do is argue and it be getting out of control. What if I accidentally hit her one day or some shit? My moms used to tell me all the time that I'm just like my dad, and now I'm starting to see it." I said thinking back to all the times my mom and dad would argue over stupid shit, then it would escalate and they would end up fist fighting. I ain't never put my hands on Domonique but lately she been getting on my nerves and I might slip up and do it one day.

"Your dad was a coo ass nigga. I don't agree with him beating on your moms but besides that, he raised you right. You not no sucka ass nigga." he said, as he lit the blunt.

He seemed to go into deep thought and before I could speak again he said, "Just fix it with her, Jordan. I'm sure she didn't cheat on you anyway. She not the type of female to do that." he said.

"I will. I'm not ready to lose her yet." I mumble and he passed me the blunt as he blew smoke from his mouth. For the rest of the night, we smoked and laughed until I decided to leave. "Aye, I need you tomorrow." he said as he pulled the door open for me. "Just text me." I say and when I reached out to dap him up, I noticed a red dot on the center of his forehead. Before I could even say anything, the bullet went straight through his head making his body fall to the ground.