Chapter 31

Domonique

Me and Jordan were casually walking through her old neighborhood back in Compton while passing a blunt back and forth. Jordan looked over at me and smiled as I blew smoke from my mouth and into the air. Her eyes were at their lowest and I figured mines were too. "What nigga?" I laugh as I pass the blunt back to her and she shrugs her shoulders, bringing the blunt to her lips and taking a long drag.

"I feel good today." She says with a smile and I noticed a black car ride past us but I paid it no mind. "It's fucking hot. Let's go to the store so I can get something to drink." I suggested watching her take another pull from the blunt then discard it in the grass. "Ight let's go." She says.

The local corner store wasn't that far away and we ended up getting there five minutes later. Jordan pulled the door open for me and I stepped ahead of her into the building. Her hand went against my backside and I continued to walk towards the back of the store where the drinks were, unbothered by her behavior because she was forever doing that.

I was looking at the multiple flavors of Arizona, trying to figure out which one I wanted when Jordan leaned over and started to kiss on my neck. "Stop baby, you're making me horny." I mumbled and she continued to suck on my neck, ignoring my comment. "You want fruit punch or mango?" I ask her and when she didn't say anything I decided I'd get both.

Jordan's kisses moved to my chest and she tried to lift my shirt up but I stopped her by slapping her hands away, causing her to frown and step away from me. I watched her walk away from me and towards the front of the store where the chips were. "Childish ass." I mumbled, watching her pout like a little kid as she browsed through the different types of chips.

After I got both of our drinks I went up front to pay, ignoring the stares I was getting from the group of niggas that were standing beside me in the other line. "Damn, can I get your number?" One of them says to me and I put my things up on the counter, not even bothering to look their way.

"So you just gon ignore me?" He asks again and when I smelled cheap cologne, I knew he was standing closer to me. "Nah, I'm good." I said without looking at him.

I started to pay the man behind the counter but Jordan stopped me by saying, "I got it." I watched her give the man a twenty dollar bill in return for the bag of snacks. I laced my fingers with hers as we left from the store and started walking down the street to where her car was parked. Jordan handed me a drink and took out a bag of salt & vinegar lays chips for herself as we walked in a comfortable silence.

I squinted my eyes, noticing that same car ride past again. "Baby, something's going on." I said to Jordan realizing she was looking in the same direction as me and had probably already caught onto what I was talking about. "I don't have my gun so we just gon have to die." She shrugged, popping another chip in her mouth and I side eyed her. "What the fuck, why don't you have your gun?"

"It's in the car. You put it under the seat, remember?" She says and I nodded, thinking about how I was eating pussy in the car earlier. "So what the fuck we bout to do?" I ask as Jordan puts her chips back in the bag and gives me the bag to hold. "We bout to go home and chill." She says just as the car parked beside us and that same stud that spoke to me at the mall hopped out, flashing a pistol.

"Go get the car or something, ion want anything to happen to you." Jordan mumbled to me. "I'm not leaving you. Like you said, we both gon have to die." I shrugged.

"What the fuck you want, Jay?" Jordan says. "Oh shit that's all you?" Jay says, nodding her head towards me and Jordan smacked her lips. "Nah that's my sister." She sarcastically says and Jay laughs.