Chapter 3

Dakota Agustin

"So wassup wit you D? Why haven't I heard from you recently?" She asks, folding her arms over her chest and raising an eyebrow. I glanced at the dumb broad standing in front of me before turning my attention to all the crack heads that were roaming the streets.

"I know you hear me talking to you." She snapped, waving her hands in my face. "When did you become my bitch?" I asked, staring down at her stupid ass. This why I ain't wanna fuck with her in the first place; she's too fucking clingy and always in her feelings crying and shit. I don't want no soft ass bitch that cry over every little thing.

"The day we had sex." She said, placing her hand on her hip. I chuckled watching her facial expression soften like she was about to cry, showing how weak she is. "Now you just being dramatic." I said, biting my lip to keep from laughing in her face. "Look, I'll call you later when I'm not doing shit. Ight? Ju stop crying ma." I said, patting her shoulder. I couldn't show these hoes sympathy because they would think I cared about them when I don't.

"You and me both know you not gon call." She said, pushing her tears away. "Yes I will. Stop tripping." I said just as a fiend approached me trying to get a fix. I dismissed Ambreiya so I could make this money real quick. "Nah man, you ten dollars short." I said, looking down at the ten dollar bill in the palm of my hand. "My check don't come until the first and that's all I got. I'll pay you double next time. Please D?" The woman begged, fidgeting with the sleeve of her torn up shirt.

"Make sure I get my money." I said, handing her the drugs and walking back to my car. I was headed to McDonalds when I saw Assyria walking with her phone up to her ear.

I rolled my window down as I pulled up beside her. "Where you going?" I ask, not caring about her being on the phone. "I'll call you later." She says into the phone before sliding it in the back pocket of her jeans.

"What the fuck do you want?" She asks and I frowned, watching as she mugged me. "You want a ride?" I asked, my eyes roaming her petite frame. "Nah, I'll pass." She said continuing to walk. It was starting to get dark out and it be a lot of niggas on this block. I couldn't allow her to walk alone. "I'll be nice. I swear." I said and she looked at me, as if to see if I was lying or not but I was being serious.

"Fine." She says, getting in and putting her seatbelt on. "Where you live at?" I asked, keeping my eyes focused on the road. "I'm not telling you." She said and I bit my lip to keep from being rude. "How you gon get home if you won't tell me?" I asked. "I know my way around here." She responded as I pulled into McDonald's drive through.

"You want something?" I asked, preparing to order. "No." She mumbled, looking out the window. "Are you sure?" I said, still waiting on her to look at me but she wouldn't. Sighing, I went ahead and ordered, getting her a burger and some fries just in case she changed her mind because I wasn't sharing my food with her.

"You good?" I asked, hearing her sniffle as I pulled up to the second window. I noticed a tear fall from her eyes and I couldn't help but to grow annoyed for the simple fact that she was crying. "Bruh what's wrong with you?" I asked watching her wipe her tears away.

"Nothing." She said quietly. "Evidently there's something wrong. You over here crying and shit." I snapped, not really meaning to. "Man fuck you. I'm not about to put up with your stupid ass." She said, climbing out of my car and pulling her phone from her back pocket.

"Your total is $5.89." The woman said and I gave her a ten dollar bill, watching Assyria walk away. "Here you go. Have a nice day." She said, giving me the bag of food and my change. I parked my car in the lot before getting out and jogging to catch up to her.