Chapter 23

Assyria Brooks

A week had passed but it still felt like everything happened yesterday. I hadn't been doing anything at all but sitting in the house, eating, and watching romantic movies.

I turned my phone off and refused to answer my door whenever Noah or Aiden came by. I knew they would convince me to talk to Dakota and I don't want to. I didn't want to be around anybody right now. I'd rather just be alone.

I heard knocks at my door and rolled my eyes. "Who the fuck is it?" I yelled as I got up to look out the blinds. I saw Kenny's car out front and sucked my teeth. "Open the door baby" he sung as he continuously knocked on my door. After a while he started to make beats and even attempted to rap, making me laugh a little.

I unlocked the door and pulled it open to see him smiling brightly as he held up a jar of weed. "No more sad shit baby. Imma get you high an we gon chill." He said, inviting himself inside and I brushed the loose strands of hair out of my face and closed the door.

"Do I look like I've been crying?" I asked, watching as he unscrewed the lid off of the jar and held it up to his nose, inhaling deeply. He glanced at me and licked over his lips as he shook his head. "Nah, but  you do look like shit." He said bluntly. "Go and get yourself together while I roll these blunts." He said, pulling a bunch of backwoods from his pocket and tossing them onto the table that was littered with random snacks and movies I'd chosen.

I reached up and took my hair out of the messy bun as I walked to my bedroom. I closed the door behind me and locked it, not trusting Kenny's pervert ass. I stripped from my clothes and stood in front of the mirror. It was one of those moments where I realized who the fuck I am. Dakota took a major L, but oh well. That's her loss.

I smiled as I flipped my hair over my shoulder and went into the bathroom. I turned my shower on, adjusting it to my liking before I got in.

I spent about a hour on my hygiene and another fifteen minutes trying to figure out what to wear. I wasn't sure what I'd end up doing today fucking with Kenny so I decided to throw on a pair of skinny jeans with multiple rips in them, a metallica tshirt and Jordan's. I put my hair into a neat bun and coated my lips in my favorite lipstick.

I grabbed my charger and took it to the living room where my phone was, deciding I'd go ahead and see who had been hitting me up lately. After plugging my phone up I joined Kenny on the couch, watching as he ran his tongue over the blunt and occasionally glanced at me.

"I got four rolled" he said, motioning towards the table where he had the blunts lined up with a lighter sitting beside them. "Ion smoke, or drink." I said.
"You trust me?" He asked and I shrugged. "You haven't gave me a reason not to." I said, watching as he leaned forward and grabbed the lighter. He lit the blunt he had just finished rolling and took a long drag before passing it to me. I took it from him and looked it over as he blew smoke in my direction.

I did the same thing he did, tilting my head back and blowing a huge smoke cloud into the air. Every time I hit the blunt I felt better. I'd never been so happy before.

We were on the fifth blunt now and I was on cloud nine. I found myself laughing for no reason while Kenny separated different types of pills and puffed on a blunt. "This gon make you feel even better." He said, placing a pill in the palm of my hand.

I was high out of my mind and wanted nothing more than to forget about Dakota, so I dumped the pill in my mouth and swallowed it without drinking anything.

The high I felt soon went away, and I was depressed again. I laid my head on Kenny's shoulder, wanting to take a long nap.

"You okay?" He asked, sounding concerned and I shook my head. "When she left I wanted to stop her, and apologize for everything I said but I didn't. Now I feel all dead inside and shit." I vented, letting the tears fall from my eyes.