Chapter 19

Jordan

I awoke with Domo laying on my chest. Her arms were wrapped around me tightly, like she didn't want me to leave. Her mouth was slightly ajar and her light snores were all I could hear. I slowly sat up some and reached on the floor for my jeans to get my phone out of the pocket.

I got it out and tossed my jeans on the floor before unlocking my phone, seeing it was about to die. I had numerous calls and texts from Kash, Kilo, and my mother. My mother never calls so I knew something must have happened.

I called her back and she answered on the first ring.

"Jordan?" she sniffled into the phone, letting me know she had been crying. "Lolo got shot and we don't know if she's gonna make it." she cried.

I was tempted to hang up on her but I couldn't. I hate when people cry and even though we haven't been on the best terms, she's still my mother.

"Ma don't cry. I'll be there in less than thirty minutes, okay?" I said.

"Okay." she responded and I hung up before rubbing my eyes, feeling them start to water. Domo rolled over so her back was to me and I got up, going to her closet I slipped on a pair of sweats and a hoodie with the slides. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth before going back to Domo's room and tapping her shoulder.

"Hmm?" she hummed without opening her eyes.

"I'm leaving." I told her and she nodded before snuggling into her pillow.

**

I pushed the button on the elevator multiple times before it finally opened and I stepped inside. It wasn't long before I arrived on the floor Lolo was being held on. I could see my mother holding Kash while he sobbed uncontrollably and Kilo stood off to the side with a distant look on his face.

I slowly approached them, preparing myself for the news I had been dreading since early this morning.

Kash looked at me before quickly wiping his face and standing up. "This was all you." he barked and before I could say anything, his fist connected with my jaw making me stumble back. I lunged at him, ready to fuck him up but Kilo held me back.

"Calm down J." Kilo said.

"Fuck that." I said before pushing his skinny ass out the way to get to Kash but Mom stood between us.

"Watch out." I said, keeping my eyes locked on Kash.

"No. You both need to chill the fuck out because this behavior isn't okay and I won't tolerate it." she spoke in a stern voice.

"Where were you last night when I called? Out with a bitch?" Kash snapped.

"You're acting like me being here would've made a fucking difference." I responded.

"She kept asking to see you before it happened, Jordan. You didn't answer the phone not once. How you think that makes me feel J? Nah fuck my feelings right now. How you think she felt?" he questioned, close to tears.

I had to admit that I did feel bad. It made me regret the night I spent with Domo.

"I'm sorry." I apologized. "But don't blame me for this and stop fucking pressuring me all the time. I'm bound to fuck up and you know it. It's not like you've been my brother for the past few weeks anyway." I said.

"You're still mad about your father? Get over that shit man. It's life." he said.

"I am over it, but that don't change the fact that you said a lot of hurtful shit. It wasn't coo at all." I said.