Chapter 25

Dakota Agustin

I squinted my eyes from the sun being too bright as I pulled myself up, groaning from how bad my head was hurting. As I looked around I realized I was at Sven's condo and wondered how I got here.

I slowly stood up and stumbled over to the large glass windows seeing my car was parked crazily in the middle of the driveway.

"I'm bout to run to IHOP real quick" Sven says, and I looked over my shoulder at him seeing he was fully dressed. "Bring me something back" I said, and he agreed to do so before he left, leaving me alone in his condo.

After brushing my teeth using a spare toothbrush he kept in the closet, I was stuck sitting on the couch playing in my curls seeing as how I couldn't shower because all my shit was still at home.

I slouched back onto the couch, hearing a car pull up. I paid it no mind, assuming it was Sven.

"That was quick" I said as he tossed me a bag and locked the door behind him. He had this look on his face that told me something was wrong and I grew confused, watching him stare out the window.

"Who out there?" I questioned, putting my food out on the table so I could eat.

"Jahde" he responded and I furrowed my eyebrows as I stood up and walked over to the window so I could see for myself. Sure enough Jahde was approaching the door with a pistol in her hand.

"Tell her I'm not here" I said, about to take my food and go in the back. Sven sucked his teeth as he blankly stared at me, "Nigga yo car out front." He responded just as she started banging on the door.

"Make something up." I said and he waved me off.

"Don't even worry, I got it," he said, reaching for the doorknob and opening the door up only for me to slam it shut. "That bitch crazy bro. She gon kill us both" I said, trying to get this nigga to understand that both of our lives would be in danger if he were to open this door.
"Quit being a bitch" he said, opening the door up anyway and I moved so I was out of sight while they talked.

"I know she's in here, so stop playing with me Sven." She snapped, trying to come inside but he wouldn't let her. "She's not here. How many times I gotta tell you that?" He said.

"Then why her car out front?" She said and I looked to Sven, hoping his dumb ass wouldn't say anything stupid and make up a good excuse.

"Something wrong with the engine so I'm working on it. I let her borrow one of my cars until I finish with it." He explained and I nodded, finding that to be believable. When I tried to peek and see her facial expression, Sven lightly pushed me back causing me to knock something over.

I slowly looked up at Sven, smiling sheepishly as he gave me one of those 'are you fucking serious' looks as he closed the door up so I assumed that she was leaving.

"She left?" I asked him and he slightly opened the door, squinting his eyes to see better. "Ion know. I can't see for real" he said and I motioned for his blind ass to get out the way so I could see for myself.

My eyes widened when I saw she was sitting on the hood of her car loading a pistol. I closed and locked the door, cursing him for not having blinds like a normal person. The front of this nigga house was on display making it hard for me to stay outta dodge.

"What she doing?" He asked, sitting on the couch and stuffing his face. "We bout to die" I said just as shots began to ring out followed by Jahde's yelling.

"Come outside baby. I just want to talk," she said in the sweetest voice. I almost went out there until the glass window broke as she continued to try and kill me by shooting up Sven's condo.