Chapter 10

Jordan

I was sitting on the floor between Dom's legs while watching Assyria play with her toys. "Your hair is getting long as hell." Domonique pointed out while she twirled a strand of my hair around her finger. "I'm letting it grow out." I said and I watched her reach for her phone to take a picture.

Right when she took it, I noticed some nigga had texted her. I looked up to see her smiling a big dumb ass smile and quickly texted back. "Who the fuck you texting Domonique?" I calmly question and she finally looked down at me and shook her head. "Nobody." she responded.

"Why you lying like I didn't just see a niggas name across yo fucking screen. Don't lie to me, girl." I snapped before taking her phone from her. Before I could even read the messages she snatched it back. "Who's Adrian? I swear to God if that's the same nigga you swear you not fucking, imma-"

"Don't cuss around her." she cut me off, motioning towards Assyria who was now staring at the both of us with a look that made me regret talking to Dom the way I did. "Come here baby." Dom says to Assyria and I got up from the floor and went upstairs cause I couldn't stand the sound of her stupid ass voice.

My mood swings are getting bad as hell to the point where I can barely control them but I be trying. Dom ain't easy to deal with and she really does be working up on my fucking nerves man.

I sit on the bed and take a deep breath. All this week I been trying to stop popping pills but fuck it. I'm pissed off right now and that's the only thing that will calm me down. I get my phone and slide it into my pocket before putting my hair into a bun putting some shoes on and going back downstairs so I can leave.

"Where are you going?" Domonique asks me as I brushed past her. I noticed Assyria was now on the couch watching a movie on her tablet. "Why you talking to me?" I dryly question her and she raised her eyebrow, as if she asking who I was talking to but it was obvious I was talking to her hoe ass.

"You know what.. Just go Jordan cause I'm not about to deal with your bipolar ass. I promise I'm not." she says as she walks to the kitchen and I stare at her figure until she's gone before sitting next to Assyria. "I'm leaving for a little while so be good for mommy okay?" I say and she frowned but still nodded.

"I'll be back soon, I promise it won't take no more than a hour, mamas." I say before getting up from the couch and soon after that Domonique came back with a bowl of fruit. We made eye contact but it only lasted a little while before I looked away and left.

***

"I thought you was gon ease up on that shit." Timmy said, watching me as I put pills in my lean. "I just lost my fucking brother and I'm slowly losing my wife. I need this shit." I mumble as I drink from the double cup.

Out of my corner of my eye I noticed Timmy giving me a confused look. "You said you losing your wife? What's going on?" he asks, seeming concerned.

"Nothing, ion want to talk about it." I say as I look at my phone to see Domonique was calling. I declined the call and blocked her number because I know she's about to blow my fucking phone up, threatening me and shit. "Aye, you know some nigga named Adrian?" I ask Timmy and he nodded.

"That nigga be wildin bro." he said, taking his phone from his pocket and I watch as he taps on his screen and shit. He gives me his phone and I look at the picture in pure anger. Adrian was kissing her cheek and she was smiling hard as hell. He had posted a cute caption with it and everything.

"You know where he live?" I ask as I give his phone back and he shakes his head but I could tell he was lying. "So you trynna protect the nigga?" I snap and he shakes his head again. "Yo, you fucked up mentally right now and if you get locked up I'm not gon be able to get you out. Neither is your wife. You gotta be smart about this shit man." he said.