Chapter 27

Amanda arrived in his dad house from school today. It's Friday kaya nandito siya sa bahay ng daddy niya. Amanda used this kind of set up. Her brother and sister are not yet home. So, she decided to go up and went to her room. When she passed by at Master's bedroom she heard a little sounds it's like something fell down on the floor. She knock the door.

"Ma? Mama?" Amanda called Charlene while knocking the door. Yes, she called her Mama. Charlene insisted that since she called Rob Papa, so she want Amanda to call her Mama. Charlene been good to her. Like Rob she never treated Mandi as others daughter she treat her as her own.

"Ma?! Are you there?" Mandi asked again but still no answer. She decided to turn the doorknob and it's not lock.

Mandi slowly enter the room. She didn't see anything. When she decided to go out. She hear a voice crying from bathroom.  She immediately go coz she recognize the voice and it's Charlene.

"Ma!" Mandi run to her.

"What happen? Are you okay?" She saw Charlene crawled in pain. She he'll Charlene to get up from the floor.

"Ma? What's wrong?" She saw the medicines scattered on the floor.

She get it and read the label, Mandi is shock and look at Charlene.

"Ma, here oh take this first to relieve the pain." Charlene look at her with her eyes in tears.

Mandi set Charlene in bed to take some rest. She's about to go out when Charlene called her.

"Mandi" Mandi turn to face her. Charlene extend her arms signaling Mandi to come over. She walk back and sit beside Charlene.

Charlene release a deep sigh. Her tears already slid down her cheeks.

"Ma? Ano po bang sakit niyo?" Mandi started to ask. She's upset because of the ideas running in her mind. She's hoping that it's just a wrong hypothesis. She's praying that she's wrong.

"Don't worry nak it's stomach pain only. You know girly thing" Charlene said it to make the environment lighter.

"Ma, I know your medicine. It's codeine and it's not a simple medication for pain. Its not the normal pain reliever." Mandi look down to hide from Charlene her sad face.

"Nak, can I ask you something?" Charlene hold Mandi's hand. Mandi look at her and nod.

"Be strong okay?" Charlene begin to talk.

"Be strong for your dad, For Atasha and Andres. Your the only person I know that can be strong for them. Please always be there for them when time comes I can't do it for them that. I know you will take care of them. Be happy, make them happy always. Always be their sunshine. Love them unconditionally i know I can trust you that. For your Mom and Dad give them the happiness that they deserve. Hmmnn?" Charlene wipe Mandi's tears.

"Ma, be strong for them please. You can beat that damn Cancer. Please fight don't let that small organisms beat you. Ma, as what I've said it's just tiny cancer cells you can make them lost. I will help you. Let's fight ma. Don't loss that battle without fighting. Don't be a loser. Ma" Mandi trying to convince her.

"Sinong may sabi Cancer to?" Charlene trying to hide the truth from Mandi.

"Ma, you can't lie to me. I know it's a narcotic drug that usually given to cancer patients for pain reliever. Ma, okay if you don't have cancer tell me why you're in pain to the point you need to take that medication?" Mandi said

"Okay, I can't mess up with you. I forgot how intelligent and you're a PT graduate." Charlene raise her hands like a criminal surrender to the cops.

Charlene sigh before saying anything. Her tears started to slid again.

"It's ovarian cancer stage 4" Charlene look at Mandi who's covering her mouth to control herself to cry out loud.

"Ma, is dad know about this?" She immediately asked Charlene.

"No, he didn't know about this." Charlene now let her feelings out.

"Please don't tell them Mandi. I'm begging you" Charlene plead.

"But ma kailangan malaman to ni Dad. You need a support group. You need us to fight with you in this battle. Ma, kaya mo yan. Wag naman po ganyan oh." Mandi cry harder Charlene is a good woman. She make Mandi feels that she's belong to her family. Kaya sobrang sakit para sa kanya ang malamang ganun kalala ang sakit nito.

"Wag muna ngayon Nak, basta promise me na gagawin mo ang request ko okay?" Mandi nod and hug Charlene.

############

The next day ngpa alam si Mandi sa Daddy niya para mgsimba gusto niyang ipagdasal si Charlene.

"Lord, please naman oh wag naman ganito. Okay lang po na wala akong kumpleto pamilya. Okay na po ako palipat lipat ng bahay basta po bigyan niyo lang ng masaya at kumpletong pamilya ang mga kapatid ko.Bigyan niyo naman po ng mahabang buhay si Mama pagalingin niyo po siya Lord pramis magiging mabait na po ako please Lord"

That's Amanda prayers. She's hoping na sana this time God will answer her prayers again. She's on her way out to the church she saw a familiar face.

"Pa? Papa?" She called him.

"Mandi" Rob was shocked seeing Mandi. Mandi's eye brows meet. She's confused who's that pregnant women who's with Rob.

"Mandi I can explain. Let's talk" Rob hold Mandi's arm.

"Pa I need to go reserve your explanation to mom." She walk then she remember something. She turn around to face them.

"Don't worry I won't tell Mom, just make sure you're going to tell her as soon as possible. Don't fool her." Mandi walk out she can't stop her tears to fall. She feel heavy deep inside.

.