Chapter 1

A/N: Full disclosure, I wrote this starting when I was 13 and I know that shows throughout, but people still seem to like it ¯\_()_/¯.

I am currently in the process of rewriting the heck out of this to hopefully make it a whole lot better than what it is.

Also quick little tip for some first time readers: If you want a spoiler free reading experience, I suggest just not looking in the comments in general. I tried for a while to keep the comments spoiler free, but I got overpowered. You have been warned.

Khloe's POV:

I leaned forward, trying to ease off the stinging pain on my back, but to no avail. 

Whipped - I had been whipped last night. For what, I didn't have a clue, but I never wanted to experience that again. 

My own dried tears still stuck to my face.  Ever since last night, the Pet Master had tightened my collar, enough so that it made breathing a challenge.

I couldn't breathe quietly even If I wanted to.

I didn't know what I did to deserve it. I always tried to do what I was told. Well, when it came to the things that I could control, that is. 

The rest of the pets and I flinched as the lights in the shop suddenly turned on and the loud boom of the door told us that the pet master was entering.

Opening time. 

The rest of the girls scooted back in their cage as the pet master walked by, some even whimpering in cowardice. I just sat there silently, not wanting the pain to return. 

My eyes only met his for a brief moment before I looked away in sheer fear. 

The day went on as normal, vampires coming and going as they pleased. Some left with pets while others took supplies instead. 

I tried to make myself look smaller than usual today, letting my red, unbrushed hair hang in front of my eyes as I stared at the bottom of my cage, not even daring to look at the vampires that were examining me. 

The bell rang as a new vampire entered the shop, and for some reason, I decided to see what had just walked in. 

He was tall. He ran his hand through his seemingly naturally waved back, medium length black hair as his eyes scanned the shop.

His eyes were a deep emerald green, a color that I had rarely seen in the other vampires that come in here.

He even had a sharp jawline that nicely framed his face. 

Yet another vampire that could easily show up any human man. 

"What can I interest you in today?" the pet master spoke to him with his usual lines. 

I returned my eyes back to the bottom of my cage, still listening to their conversation.  It was pretty much the only entertainment I had. 

"Im looking for a pet." the man said.  His voice was low.

"Well sir, I can assure you that we have the finest that this city has to offer. Follow me if you would." the pet Master offered.