Chapter 25

It wasn't long until he came back into the room, holding a thin file in one of his hands. Supposedly the one I was supposed to bring to him last night.

He seemed to have calmed down a bit, but the tension in his shoulders was still visible.

He leaned back against the door as soon as it was closed, his eyes glancing over at me.

"Did you, um... tell Xander about what she did?" I asked.

Nico rubbed a hand down his face in mild frustration as he pushed himself from the door, slowly making his way to his desk.

"No," he began," Taking her back to him and telling him that he could drink from her again was punishment enough."

My eyes trailed back to my drawing, furrowing a little.

I guess that made me feel a little bit better, but I still felt bad for her.

Not that feeling bad for her would do anything about it. Everything that Xander does to her is probably considered perfectly normal to most of the other vampires here.

And yet she gets yelled at for trying to save herself.

I probably would have tried the same thing if I was in the same situation as her.

Nico thew the file down onto his desk, the sound causing me to flinch.

"Khloe, I'm about to give you quite possibly the only rule that I insist you follow so pay attention." He said. Even his voice held tension end even a bit of annoyance.

I felt a wave of uneasiness wash over me as I instinctively sat a bit straighter.

He turned his head partially towards me, enough for one of his stunning eyes to catch mine.

The look on his face held complete seriousness, making me even more nervous.

If this was the only rule he planned on giving me, then I was going to do anything I could to follow it.

"You are not to let anyone except me drink from you," he spoke slowly

I immediately froze after he finished his sentence, my eyes growing wide.

How on earth was I supposed to do that?

"Understand?" He asked

I stayed silent as my mind began to race.

I completely understood but I wasn't entirely sure that I could succeed in following the rule.

Still, I forced myself to nod.

Nico turned to face me, leaning against his desk as one of his brows rose.

"Are you sure? because the look on your face is telling me otherwise."

I quickly turned away, letting my hair cover my face out of partial embarrassment.

"H-How can I keep that from happening?" I asked quietly.

Nico crossed his arms, his head faintly tilting to the side.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

His question seemed to cause an all-out mess to form in my head, causing for even more of a mess as my answer.

"How am I supposed to keep a vampire from doing whatever they want with me? I know that I don't belong to them, but I still couldn't do anything to stop them! Even if I did try to stop them they could still easily overpower me," Panic was quickly beginning to show as my words became quicker," What if they threatened to hurt or kill me? What if they just forced themselves on me? Then what would I do? I want to be a good and obedient pet and follow your rules, but I still can't stop a vampire from feeding from me! Even if I tried to stop it, I think I could get very far before I would just freeze up in fear! What if I-"