Chapter 49

Khloe's POV

I stared at myself in the bathroom mirror, running my hands down my sides to smoothen out the fabric of the dress.

It looked amazing.

Nico was right about that seamstress. The fact that she could pull off an exact copy from just a drawing completely amazed me.

Everything was exactly how I envisioned it if not better. Even every pearl was perfectly placed.

I toyed with the jewel hanging from the necklace as I took a step back, allowing more of myself to be seen in the mirror.

The step I took was slow since I wasn't used to the large heels I was wearing.

My eyes ran over my entire body, trying to decide how I felt about this dress.

It looked exactly how I had envisioned it, but that was also what I was afraid of.

I loved it just not on me.

I don't know why, but I just felt so weird in it, since I had never worn anything like it before.

It just showed off so much that I wasn't comfortable with.

A soft sigh passed my lips as I carefully stepped closer to the sink, brushing my fingers through my hair.

Nico was waiting for me to come out, and I already knew that I had been in here longer than normal.

I bit down on the inside of my cheek, not sure if I should take some more time to try and hype myself up before going out there.

Nico assured me that I would look good in this dress, so ruining his expectations for me was my number one worry.

What if he expected it to look better than it actually does.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves as I turned towards the door, wanting to get this over with as soon as possible.

He said that if I didn't like it, he'd get another one, so hopefully, if he doesn't like it, things will still work out.

Although, I didn't want him to be spending any more money on me. I could only guess how much this one cost.

Taking careful steps towards the door, I smoothed out the dress once more, trying to look as presentable as I could.

My hands hesitated on the doorknob for a couple seconds before I reluctantly pushed the door open and stepped through, stumbling a bit in my heels.

Nico was sitting on the edge of his bed, looking down at my drawing before his eyes turned up to see me.

His whole body practically froze, causing mine to do the same as his eyes widened.

I couldn't tell what he was thinking. His eyes were just drinking me in.

Something about the way he was looking at me mixed with my feeling of being exposed lead my eyes instinctually towards the floor, my hands intertwining near my front as my hair fell in front of my face.

A couple more long seconds of silence passed before I heard Nico set my drawing back onto the bed and raise to his feet.

His footsteps approached me, paused for a second, and then began again.

I looked up slightly once I realized that he was circling me, looking me over from every angle. His thumb, pressing against his chin as he thought about something.

A big part of me just wished that he would say something. Did he like it or not?

Those thoughts paused as he stepped in front of me, now realizing that these 6-inch heels nearly brought me up to the top of his shoulder. A height that I now realized I much more preferred.

I slowly brought my eyes up to meet his.

He still didn't say anything, just kept staring and thinking.

I was about to ask him if he liked it, but he turned before I would say anything.

He walked over to the package that the dress had been delivered in, reaching his hand into it.

My eyes widened as he pulled out a long black ribbon before walking back towards me

I had almost forgotten about that.

Placing the ribbon between his teeth, he walked behind me.

I involuntarily stiffened as his fingers grazed the top of my cheeks, pulling my hair back into a half ponytail

He tied it up with the ribbon himself, being careful not to pull my hair.

His silence was beginning to be too much as he stepped in front of me again.

It felt like his stare was going burning right through me.

Finally, he spoke.

"Do you like it?"

Well, that wasn't the question I wanted him to ask.

I had no idea how to answer, partially because my answer would be based on whatever he thought of it.

"I don't know, what do you think?" I asked.

I really wasn't expecting a smirk to rise on his face as he looked me over once more.

"I think you look amazing." He stated.

I felt my cheeks begin to burn.

Well, I wasn't expecting that either.

"Y-you do?" I questioned, nervously fidgeting with my fingers.

He gave me a single nod, tucking back a stray strand of hair that he had missed.

"I do. I think it shows off your figure beautifully, and the colors contrast nicely with your hair," my breath caught in my throat as his fingers tilted up my chin, "And your eyes."

I don't think I could respond at that moment even if I knew what I would say. My mind seemed to be focusing more on how hot my face felt instead of forming words.

But he liked the dress, not only the dress, but me in the dress.

For some reason his answer made me feel better about how I looked. Not entirely better, but better none the less.

I still wasn't quite comfortable with the amount of skin I was showing.

Nico removed his hand from my chin, taking a small step back.

"Do you know how to dance?" He asked, switching my thoughts away from myself.

I slowly shook my head, feeling it stupid that the thought hadn't even crossed my mind that I should know how to dance.

Its a ball of course there is going to be dancing.

"I-ive uh, never really been good at that kind of thing," I admitted.

Nico lifted his hand for me to take.

"Don't worry about that. I'll teach you."

~~~

A/N: little btw the next chapter is going to be this exact chapter but in Nico's POV