Chapter 26

Nico did the same thing for both lunch and dinner, left me here and ordered me something once he got back.

I wondered how long this would go on.

Not because I wanted to be near Xander again, but just because I really didn't like being left alone in here.

Despite no one except Nico being able to get in here, I still didn't feel comfortable alone.

I sighed, looking out the window at the stars.

The moon was almost full, meaning the Blood Moon was almost here.

I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear, fingers trailing down to the place that Nico first bit me.

Nico obviously didn't succeed in his 'weening off of blood' plan, so I kind of wondered what his next plan for that night was.

He had made it fairly clear that he didn't have a fond liking of the Blood Moon, then again, I'm not sure many vampires really do.

I took in a deep breathe, holding it there before exhaling. I didn't want to keep that thought in my mind.

Worrying about it wasn't going to do anything.

Yet I knew that I was still going to worry about it.

I turned my head as the bathroom door opened, returning my hand to my lap.

Nico always looked a bit more relaxed after a shower.

As always, his eyes scanned the room, making sure that I was still there.

I kind of envied how he could still look good with wet hair and the loose clothes.

The loose clothes that unfortunately hid what was underneath them.

He walked forward towards me, brushing back the hair that was clinging to his face with his fingers.

"I've noticed that you really seem to like looking at the night sky." He said.

My lips formed a thin line before I turned back towards the window.

"I do. It always fascinated me back when I was a child." I lightly drew my fingertips down the glass of the window, feeling the chill that the cold air outside gave it, "I remember always being confused whenever the other kids my age would go inside as soon as the moon rose. I didn't understand because I always found that the night brought a much more beautiful view and was much more serene than the day. The sun would bring work and school, but once the moon came, everything seemed to calm down."

I suddenly grew nervous once I realized that I had been reminiscing more than I should have.

Luckily, when I turned back around, Nico didn't really seem to mind. In fact, he was gazing out the window curiously, like he was thinking over what I had said.

"You never saw the sky in that pet shop, did you?" He asked, slightly turning his head towards me.

I slowly shook my head, removing my hand from the window.

I couldn't see it even if I tried. The cage I was placed in made it so that a certain shelf obstructed my view from pretty much anything.

Nico accepted that answer, returning his eyes to the sky.

His eyes furrowed for a moment as he looked at the moon.

I'm guessing that he was having the same thoughts that I had.

Still, I tried not to mainly focus on that, and instead think about how we I just actually had a semi-comfortable conversation with him.

Sure we've had other conversations, but never in any of those had I felt comfortable enough to talk like I just did.