Chapter 45

Nico's POV

My first day of not having to do anything has gone well so far.

For the first time in a while, I felt stress-free and relaxed.

I leaned further back against the headboard, stretching out my back.

It was refreshing.

Hopefully ill never have to be the one in charge of that again. Maybe they'll make Xander do it next time.

I smiled a bit, shifting the toothpick from breakfast around my mouth with my tongue.

That would be fun to watch.

I turned my head towards the bathroom door as Khloe exited out of it.

Her hair was wet from the shower she had just taken.

She kept her eyes down towards the floor as she walked over to my desk.

She had been acting differently than usual. Quieter than usual.

I know that she's usually pretty quiet but this was a lot different.

She hasn't said a word to me since last night unless I said something to her first and has barely even looked at me.

And to be honest, I was beginning to be a bit worried. This really wasn't like her.

Even though back when I first got her and she wouldn't talk to me, she would at least still look at me.

She would have told me if something happened to her right?

I just watched her as she flipped through her sketchbook, trying to see if I could read any sort of emotion that would show me what was wrong.

I know that I could probably just ask her, but I also know that she doesn't really enjoy being put on the spot.

A sudden confused look crossed her face as she flipped back a page.

She then began looking around my desk, looking under her sketchbook and around the other objects.

I leaned forward, "Looking for something?" I asked.

She only met my eye for a brief second before she continued looking around the desk.

"Yea," Her voice was quieter and strained, "I drew a picture of a dress last night but I can't find it."

She almost sounded panicked

"Oh, yea." I swung my legs over the side of the bed, removing the toothpick from my mouth, "I sent it to a seamstress." I said before flicking the toothpick into the trash.

Khloe completely froze, her eyes growing impossibly wide.

She slowly turned to face me.

"Y-you what!? When!?"

I rose a brow. I was expecting a different reaction.

"When you were taking a shower. If you're worried about the drawing, I told her to send it back when she was done with it."

Her eyes quickly shifted around, showing that she was frantically thinking about something.

"I-I'm not worried about the drawing but I..." Her voice faded.

Apparently, she was struggling to find the right words.

I stood up.

Maybe she didn't actually want that dress.

"I thought that since you drew it with all those details, you wanted it," I said.

"I did but I just don't think-" She cut herself off," What about my measurements?"

"I wrote them on the picture. They were on your records."

Everything was on a pets records. A little too much if you ask me.

"Did you already pay for it?" She asked frantically.

I hesitated a bit before nodding. I had sent her a large check along with the paper and asked her to just return the money she didn't use to make the dress. Plus I needed to give her a little extra since I only gave her a limited time to make the dress.

That seemed to put Khloe into a full out panic.

God, she cares too much about what I do with my money.

Her breaths grew a bit heavier as she rubbed her forehead.

What the hell was so bad about this?

She obviously wanted the dress or else she wouldn't have drawn herself in it.

"Khloe what's the problem here? You obviously wanted that dress."

She bit onto her bottom lip.

"Well yea, but I didn't think that I could actually, y'know..."

I just looked over her for a moment before it all hit me.

The way she was standing, trying to make her body look as small as possible as if she could just disappear. The way her hands were formed into tight fists and the nervous look she had on her face.

I relaxed a bit when it all came together.

"You don't think that you'll look good in it?" I asked.

The way she looked at me showed that I was exactly right.

She was insecure about herself and didn't think that she would be able to pull off a dress that she made for herself.

Which was complete bullshit by the way.

"Why?" I asked as I took a step closer to her.

Her fists tightened a bit more as she tore her eye contact away from me.

That was understandable. I've come to learn that most humans tend to dislike the way they look for some strange reason.

But whatever Khloe was thinking was more than strange, It was absolutely ridiculous.

She gave me a weak shrug.

"I don't know, I just don't think that ill look good in something like that." She admitted quietly.

I crossed my arms, leaning my hips against the bed.

"I think you're wrong."

My words surprised her, to say the least. Not to mention the color that filled her cheeks.

"W-what? Why do you say that?" She sputtered.

I took another step closer to her.

"Well, I said that I wanted you to look beyond amazing at this ball, right?"

She nodded after a moment.

"And I think that you'll be able to do that in that dress, but if for some reason you don't like it, We can send it back and go look for one in the town, okay?" I said as calmly as I could, knowing that it would affect her.

She hesitantly nodded once again. "Okay."

As if.

I knew full well that we were not going to need to return it.

The seamstress I sent it too was a close family friend. I knew how she worked and I swear she could work miracles with just a few measurements.

And if Khloe somehow doesn't think that she looks outstanding in it, Well, then I'll just have to convince her otherwise.