Chapter 83

Khloe's POV:

Confusion filled my mind as I watched Nico leave the room in a flash.

He said that he had found our out, so I guess he found a solution to our problem.

I wondered what it could be as I tried to make the heat from Nico's kiss leave my face.

I disregarded coming up with possibilities very soon, figuring that I would hear about it as soon as he comes back.

With that thought process being disposed of in a matter of seconds, excitement and joy began to fill my mind again from the events that had happened only minutes before.

The excitement that I had to hide while he was here so I didn't make a complete fool of myself in front of him.

But now there was absolutely nothing stopping me.

Now I could feel all this pent-up energy and happiness flooding my body, about to burst.

I wanted to run to the window and scream out to the world what had happened.

But, my current physical limitations as well as the fact that yelling that fact out the window probably wasn't the best idea lead me to my next best thing.

So, I grabbed the closest pillow and squealed into it like a child, frantically kicking my legs above the bed.

It felt like absolutely nothing could ruin this moment, not even the bandages surrounding the entirety of my torso mattered to me as much as this.

I had never felt this much happiness before. Part of me even related to the relief that Nico felt, but I wasn't willing to share it.

I drew the pillow away from my face with a sharp exhale.

I wanted him and despite every natural law of this world, despite the difference and distaste for our races, he wanted me too.

Despite the fact that his race killed my family...

My shoulders slumped as that thought came into my head.

My parents... my sister... what would they think of this?

Would they be happy? Happy that I didn't end up as just another blood bag to a vampire? Happy that I had found my own peace and happiness despite the fact that it came from a vampire?

Or would they be disappointed or upset? Because I feared the vampires instead of dispised them for what they did to my family. Because I let the fact that they were monsters slip my mind? That I didn't avenge their deaths or my father's beliefs with my own beliefs and actions?

I guess I'll never know, and that fact didn't bother me as much as I at first thought it would. Because in the end, I knew that it wasn't going to change anything.

I know that what I felt... what I feel when I'm with Nico feels right, so undeniably right.

I doubt a lot of things in this world, but that was one thing that I was absolutely certain of.

I'm happy and that's what should matter right?

I answered my own question with a small nod of my head as I absentmindedly drew my finger across the pillowcase.

My mind filled with even more joy as I traced little swirls across the fabric, just enjoying these thoughts while they were here.

My body perked up at the sound of the door opening.

Nico quickly walked in with the same excited smile that we left with.

"Khloe," He said as he closed the door, his voice matching the look on his face, "We're moving!"