Chapter 28

Khloe's POV:

I've found that I've been able to feel a lot more comfortable around Nico since he has begun to let me sleep with him.

And that really didn't help for when he left me in the room alone.

If anything, it just made me feel more nervous.

It was like he had become my safe haven, at least, that's what it felt like.

And I'm pretty sure that he has come to notice it as well.

I looked up at him as he exited the closet from my place on his bed.

I could tell that his stress had grown in the past couple of days, yet I still didn't know why.

I'm guessing that it partially had to do with his work, but it felt like that wasn't the only reason.

Part of me just hoped that none of it was my fault.

Nico slowly made his way towards the bed, his eyes showing that he was deep in thought.

His eyes met mine for a brief moment before he laid himself stomach down on the bed.

He stretched his arms forward before relaxing them with a very long exhale.

I wondered why he opted to lay on his arms instead of the pillow.

My eyes quickly glanced out the window.

The sun had just barely set, yet he already looked exhausted.

But if I had to guess, he wasn't done with his work yet.

He probably just needed a break not that I could blame him.

I looked over his body, noticing that he wasn't full relaxing.

"You're so tense," I said softly, causing him to turn his head towards me.

"Yea." he began casually, "That tends to happen from time to time."

My eyes furrowed as I continued to look him over.

It didn't really suit him. Part of it even reminded me of myself when I was in the pet shop, so uptight and worried about what was going to happen.

"I could um... try to work some of it out if you'd like" I offered.

Nico rose a brow.

"You mean like a massage?"

I nodded.

He just continued to stare at me for a moment.

"You know how to do that?" He asked, seeming partially surprised through his still casual tone.

"Well yes, to a certain extent," I started, "My father would often come home from work stressed, so I found myself giving him a massage at least once a week. My mother and sister would ask for them sometimes too just because they said that it felt good."

I don't remember it being too difficult, so it should be easy to do again.

Nico's brows drew together.

"It sounds like they used you." He said.

I was slightly shocked by his words.

I never really thought about it like that, and it really didn't seem like that. I was just doing something nice for them.

Despite that, I just gave a small shrug.

"It made them feel better so I didn't really mind," I replied.

He looked at me for a minute longer, supposedly thinking over my proposition.

"Well, if you want to do it then I won't stop you," He said, pushing himself up a bit, "How should I lay?"