Chapter 9

I keep being more and more impressed at each meal.

I just found it amazing that the slaves could make this much food three times a day, even for us pets as well.

I couldn't quite tell what Master had on his plate, but it smelled delicious.

everything smelled delicious.

I had already finished my dinner, figuring that it would be a good way to please Master.

It was only a small portion of salmon cooked in olive oil, so it was easy to eat quickly before I could somehow lose my appetite.

Yet again, a food that's good for the blood.

Master had decided to keep me on his lap this time. For what reason? I'm not sure, but I'm hoping that it's not the same reason Xander keeps Doe on his.

So far, it hasn't. Master had just been drinking from the blood in his glass instead of drinking from me.

He's bound to drink from me eventually right?

I quickly shook the thought from my head, hurriedly finding something else to focus on.

My eyes shifted over to Doe

Xander had finally decided to let her eat, I was getting a bit worried about her.

"This tastes weird to me," Master said plainly.

Xander looked over at him.

"You've already eaten half of it and you're just now noticing that it tastes weird?"

Master shrugged, cutting a large piece from his meal and lifting it with his fork.

"It didn't taste weird until just now," Master stated.

Did one of the slaves try to poison it or something?

Can Vampires even be poisoned?

"Khloe."

I sat up straighter at the sound of my name.

Turning my head up a bit, I spoke.

"Yes, Master?"

My eyes widened a bit as he held the fork in front of my face.

"Try this and tell me if it tastes weird to you."

He wanted me to try some of his meal?

I haven't seen any of the other pets do that.

What if it really is poisoned?

Regardless of that, I obeyed.

I have no Idea how anyone could think that this tasted weird. It was quite possibly the best thing I've tasted in a long time.

The different flavors danced around my tongue as I chewed it slowly, savoring it like it was the last meal I'll ever have.

Master was looking down at me, an eyebrow raised as he waited for a response.

I reluctantly swallowed it, not wanting to make him wait any longer.

"Everything tastes fine to me, Master."

It was more than just 'fine' it was amazing.

If that tasted weird, then I can't even imagine what it was supposed to taste like.

Master just hummed a response.

"Why didn't you just let me try it?" Xander asked.

That didn't even occur to me.