Chapter 61

Khloe's POV:

Today is the day.

The day that I'm going to be taken away for two days.

The transportation for us pets was already here according to Nico so we only had a couple minutes left with each other before we had to go down.

My fingers grazed the collar around my neck.

It had been so long since I had had to wear this for such a long time...

My fingers then trailed to the mark that Nico had made on me the night before.

Luckily Nico walked out from the closet before I could begin to dwell back on that experience too much.

I watched as he walked over to me, holding one of his grey hoodies in his arms.

He had been on edge all day.

"Last I remember it wasn't very well heated in the room that they kept the pets," He said as he handed me the hoodie, "this is one of the warmest and most comfortable things I own so..." He trailed off, I guess not really knowing how to finish.

A smile tugged at my lips.

I was already wearing a long-sleeved shirt and pants, but this will make it that much better.

"Thank you," I replied before putting it on.

I nearly sighed with happiness when I realized that his smell was all over this piece of clothing.

It was a smell that I couldn't really specify... I just smelled like him and I loved it.

At least I'd have this to help get me through these next couple of days.

My nerves about the whole thing had calmed down ever since Nico... Bit me.

Hopefully, that will make sure that I get through this as easily as possible.

I smoothed out the hoodie as best I could since the sleeves surpassed my arms.

This thing was huge on me.

Not that I was complaining.

I pulled up the sleeves as I looked back up at Nico, seeing a small smile on his face.

I rose my brow as to ask what he was smiling at.

He let out a short, breathy laugh, "You even look good in that." He stated quietly, taking another step towards me.

I barely had any time to react to that before he bent down a bit and cupped my head with one his hands.

I instinctively leaned into his hand.

His face had turned serious.

"I know you've been through this before, but the vampires working there are always different and you never know what to expect." He paused for a second, moving the collar of the hoodie to make sure that the mark on my neck was visible, "If what you said is true, be sure to make this as visible as possible at all times."

I nodded.

" Try to stay in the middle of the crowd, never look at any of the workers, and if you can help it, try not to talk to anyone. Pet Doctors get bored easily and will look for any reason to punish a human and," He stopped, clearing his throat, "I don't really want to hunt down and hurt some douchbag that decides to take their boredom out on you for an unfair reason."

I was surprised to hear just how far Nico was willing to go for me.

"You sound worried," I said, placing my hand over his.