Chapter 77

Khloe's POV:

I aimlessly wandered around the room, trying to think of something to do that would distract me for a short time before breakfast would arrive.

Nico had hidden all of my art supplies in order to rid any suspicion, so I couldn't do that.

I partially debated just laying in his bed, knowing that those pillows had the smell of him all over them.

Although if I did that Layla would probably catch onto my scent and get upset.

I honestly couldn't really do anything without risking me doing something that Layla wasn't going to like.

And well, I was already so anxious from the past 24 hours that just doing nothing like this was making things worse in my head.

It felt like I just needed to fall asleep and not wake up until Layla was gone and things were back to how they should be.

My head snapped towards the door once I heard a knock.

I breathed out an audible sigh of relief from the fact that apparently, my food got here exceptionally fast.

I quickly made my way to the door, ready to great the slave that had my food with a genuine smile.

My smile fell as soon as I opened the door, seeing that instead of my breakfast it was Layla.

Just Layla.

My eyes darted to the side to see if there was any sign of Nico.

There wasn't.

And that fact made my stomach turn.

"Hello pet," She said dismissively as she let herself into the room, causing me to step aside.

I just watched in uncomfortable silence as she walked into the closet and towards her bag, debating on if I should close the door.

If I closed the door I felt like that would be trapping me in here with there, and that's the absolute last thing I wanted.

But on the other hand, I felt like something as simple as me not closing the door behind her would set her off.

In the end, I decided to close it, figuring that I was probably overreacting for nothing.

If she was so adamant about being around Nico, then he had to have known that she was here, right?

I just watched in nervous confusion as she was bent over, looking through her bag.

She turned to look at me for a moment, probably noticing the look I held on my face.

"Your Master is downstairs enjoying breakfast. I told him that I needed to grab something from my room but forgot that it was actually in here, so thank you for opening the door," She explained turning back to her bag, not really seeming too genuine towards the end.

"Oh," I responded quietly, not really being sure if she wanted me to respond.

Not to mention the fact that my nervousness had spiked.

The fact that Nico didn't know she was here was making a chorus of alarms go off in my head.

I didn't know what to do but just stand there and watch her, praying silently to something that my food would get here soon to break this uneasy atmosphere.

I completely froze when she stood to her full height as turned to face me, her golden eyes just slowly looking me over.

She thought something over before she finally spoke.