Chapter 78

Khloe's POV:

It took another hit against my back before I let out an agonizing cry, my head automatically lowering to the floor in submission.

"I can't believe your nerve," Layla growled, landing another slash against my back, "For as long as Nicos kept you alive I thought you would have known better!"

My tears ran thick and fast onto the floor as the cracking sound of the whip, and the occasional shredding of my shirt rang out repeatedly. 

My throat beginning to tighten enough to make me unable to scream effectively and left me quickly gasping for the air that suddenly seemed more limited.

"Nico doesn't need such a disobedient pet in his life," She began again, "And if I need to be the one to whip you into shape for him then so be it!"

I couldn't get up to run, I couldn't move, I couldn't even beg for her to stop.

I knew that even if I could scream, there was absolutely no way Nico or anyone as going to be able to hear me.

The blows kept raining down onto my body from my shoulders to the middle of my back, Each one softening my skin enough to make my back feel like it was on fire.

I didn't even know how many times I had been whipped, but I knew that Layla had no intention of stopping any time soon.

Every fiber of my mind was screaming for me to move despite the fact that I physically couldn't.

I just had to endure every blow over and over and over again.

It got to the point where I could feel my own blood dripping down my back.

Then just out of nowhere, she stopped, allowing me to process my heartbeat pumping loud and fast in my ears and just how much I was uncontrollably shaking.

I didn't even dare look back at her to see why she stopped, I didn't want to risk anything.

"Oh Nico," She spoke jovially between her partially heavy breaths, "You're back early."

My head shot up towards the door, seeing Nico standing there, his eyes wide, and his mouth agape.

His entire body stood deathly still as his eyes shifted between me and Layla, like he was trying to make sure that what he was seeing was real.

"Sorry you had to walk in right of the middle of this," Layla spoke back up again,"I just had to teach this bitch a quick lesson." She rose the whip back up as she finished her sentence, causing me to flinch my head away and brace for impact.

Every muscle in my body tightened as the crack of the whip filled the air.

But I didn't feel a thing.

I only heard Layla's gasp from behind me, that being enough to make me turn my head.

My eyes widened at the scene I beheld.

Nico stood directly behind me, the end of the whip grasped firmly in his hand.

I only barely noticed the fact his nails had sharpened to points, something I had only ever seen before on the night of the bloodmoon, before he made his next move.

He effortlessly yanked the hilt from her hand, catching it with his own before he cast it directly hit her.

The cracking was followed shortly by Layla's yelp, the force of impact causing her to take a couple steps back.

I couldn't see what had happened before Nico began taking slow steps towards her, dropping the whip to the floor.

She came into view right as she slowly drew her hand away from her cheek, showing a large gash that lead from the bottom of her jaw to the top of her nose.