Chapter 71

Nico's POV:

I just watch as the slave gave another bow before walking away.

My mind was going a thousand miles an hour, trying to think of what on earth the Lord could want from me.

My work has long since been done, so what could it be?

My worry and confusion were partially soothed by the fact that he only wanted to see me.

I had always been careful as to not draw too much attention to how I treat Khloe, but luckily I have a feeling that this has nothing to do with her.

Taking a step backward, I closed the door, still trying to think of any recent events that would call for my arrival before the Lord

"What does he want with you?" Khloe asked from behind me.

I turned to see a worried expression plastered on her face as she held the book close to her body.

"I don't know," I began as I walked towards my closet, " I can't think of anything that could make him want to speak to me."

He practically despises me because of my father, and well, probably the way I act too.

I grabbed and slipped on one of my dress jackets, knowing that Bronwyn wouldn't appreciate it if I didn't put at least a bit of effort into how presentable I need to look before meeting with him.

Khloe looked at me as I walked out of the closed, that worried look still on her face.

Which in any other case I would have had more time to appreciate the fact that she was worried about me, but I just wanted to go and get this over with as soon as possible.

"Do you think it will take long?" She asked.

I let out a quiet sigh as I fixed the collar of my shirt.

I hope not.

"I'm not sure, but ill be back as soon as I can."

Khloe's eyes looked down, her face showing that she really didn't like this.

"Don't worry about me, Khloe. I'm sure whatever it is isn't a big deal." I said as I head towards the door.

She didn't say anything, just offered a small nod.

~~~

My mood decreased by the second ever since I stepped out of our room.

I guess Khloe's presence had helped me keep calm about the whole situation, but now I really did not want to be doing this.

The last time the Lord called for me via slave was for a completely unnecessary reason.

A reason that ended up hurting Khloe.

Not to mention that it was an absolute waste of time.

Time that I could be spending with someone else.

A growl rumbled low in my throat as I approached the same guards that always stood in front of his 'Office'.

They got the message and stepped aside, allowing me to push open the doors and make my way inside.

I had to stop myself from glaring at his gold eyes as soon as I spotted them.

He apparently caught sight of my distaste anyways judging by the subtle tug on the corner of his lip.

I stopped about 20 feet away from his throne, offering a small bow.

"You wanted to see me, my Lord?" I asked as humbly as I could muster.