five

"She is now your star,
the apple of your eyes
She is now the reason
for your every smile"

————————

I plugged the earphones into my ears as I walked along the hallway. The soft music in my ears were the only thing I could hear, despite seeing rowdy and annoying students. Once I reached the entrance of the classroom, I felt someone pulled my bag, annoyed by what that person did, I turned and quickly slapped him—or should I say, her in the head. She hit the ground, and the loud sound of her butt hitting the floor echoed along the hallway. "Sooyoung?" She grimaced in pain, and I hurriedly help her to stand up. "I'm sorry." I said, hugging her. Seconds later, Yeri came running towards our direction and stopped in front of us.

"It really hurts!" She whined, pulling away from me. Her eyes were a bit watery because of the pain. I massaged her head, and repeatedly apologized.

"What did you do that anyways? And why are you two here?" I asked them, both glancing at one another.

"I wanna see Kim Taehyung!" Yeri giggled.

"Yeah, I heard he already came. Everybody is already talking about him." Sooyoung piped up joyfully, and the grimace on her face was already gone.

I peeked from the door to see if he was already inside, but his seat was still empty. "He's not here yet." The two of them looked disappointed after hearing what I said. "But he'll be here any minute." I said, getting their hopes up, and their expressions changed already.

"Anyways, is he nice?" Yeri asked with a pair of hopeful eyes.

"Yeah, is he smart?" Sooyung asked after Yeri.

"Uhm, he's. . .fine. He's okay." I wanted to find the right answers to tell them, but I couldn't. I haven't talked to him long enough to tell if he's nice or not, and he was quiet the whole time in class, so I didn't know.

"What kind of answer is that, Areum?" Sooyoung said, furrowing her brows at me.

"Be more specif—" Yeri was interrupted when Sooyoung nudge her in her waist lightly. The conversation stopped, and our gazes landed on that flower boy coming our way. Kim Taehyung has arrived. Flawless as ever. As soon as he walked passed by us, Yeri muttered a hi to the boy, but Taehyung didn't seem to hear it because he didn't even glance at us, or maybe he just ignored us. "He's such a hottie." Yeri giggled again.

"Shh," Sooyoung hushed Yeri. "We're just here to look at him. It's already Areum's property!" She added, loud enough for everyone inside the classroom to hear. I both kicked their asses to shoo these peasants away, and they kept teasing me as they run away from me.

When they finally disappeared from my sight, I finally entered the classroom. I walked behind Taehyung's seat. He was too focused in his phone that he didn't notice I walked behind him. I took a good look at his phone secretly, thanks to my eagles eyes. I saw that he was chatting with someone then went back to his home screen after he replied. His phone wallpaper was a girl's photo. She was beautiful. When he already locked his phone, I hurriedly went to my seat with questions in my mind, asking who the hell is that girl in his phone?

I tried to shift my thoughts to something else, but the girl in his phone wallpaper kept coming back. Does he already have a girlfriend? I thought to myself. No. That can't be. It could be his sister or maybe his cousin? I tried to be optimistic about it, but a thought invaded my mind again—but who the fuck would use his sister's or his cousin's photo as a phone wallpaper?! Geez! It's over, bitch. He has a girlfriend. It has been months since the last time since we talked. With that alluring face, he could meet anyone and even murder someone's pussy just by staring at her.