seven

I was born when you kissed me,
I died when you left me,
but I lived for each day
you smiled at me.

———————

After dropping me off to school, I watched mom's car lurched forward until it disappears from my sight. Standing alone in front of the gates of the school as the students are already making their way inside, I noticed a familiar boy. His back were facing my vision, but I already knew who it was. He was talking with two different boys from different school. They were all wearing different high school uniforms.

I only stared at the boy's back, patiently waiting for him to turn around. Not noticing that I was already staring for a long time, his tall friend with small eyes who was facing my direction waved his hand. I looked back to see who he was waving at. There were girls near me, so maybe he was waving at them. When that dude with a broad shoulders saw him waved at someone, all of their attention shifted to my direction as well. And just as I expected the boy facing backward was Kim Taehyung. His gaze landed on mine, and it caught me off guard. Not knowing what to do, I immediately entered the gates.

When I reached the classroom, only a few students were there. Even Byunghun hasn't arrived yet.

I placed my bag in his seat for a meantime, and took out my phone along with my earphones from inside my bag. I plugged the earbuds in my ears, and listened to music in a slightly high volume.

I was humming to the soft tune of the song with my eyes closed. When it reached the middle part of the song, I felt someone pulled my earphone from my left ear. Feeling exasperated, I glared at the person when I felt a presence standing beside me. When I clearly saw that it was Taehyung, my glare suddenly disappeared, and replaced with puzzled look. "You ignored my friend." He started talking then went to his seat.

I adjusted my sitting position, so I could face him this time. "Me? I ignored your friend?" I asked, stunned to what he said.

"Yeah, he was waving his hand at you." He said with that deep voice that I will never get used to.

"I thought he was waving at someone else." I said, almost whispering.

"He thinks you're cute." He smirked a little. And saying the word you're cute came out of his mouth caught me unprepared. I felt like I'll blush in no time. How I wish you think I'm cute.

"Really? Well, thanks, I guess." I said, shyly.

"Will you date him?" He asked seriously, and my eyes widened in surprise. Then, he laughed cheekily after seeing my reaction. "Just kidding. But he really thinks you're cute." He added, then shrugged his shoulder once.

Fuck. His laughter will be the death of me. "Are you setting me out on a date with your friend? Are you for real?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"No, I was just kidding." He repeated with a teasing smile. Too much smiles today. "But, hey, thanks for the note. I did my assignments."

"Oh, it was nothing. Glad I could help." I said, smiling timidly. We proceeded talking, and unfortunately had to stop when Byunghun finally entered the room, approached his seat, and interrupted our moment with his teasing. I mentally rolled my eyes at him. This bitch.