twenty-nine

"Because the dawn right before
the sun rises is the darkest
Even in the dark future,
never forget the you of right now"

————————

Taehyung drove me home after the fireworks display finished and the amusement park closed. Throughout the ride, I could feel the non-ending butterflies swirling around my stomach after what happened today. It felt like we were a real couple. I felt closer to him.

Taehyung interlocked his fingers against mine as he tightly hold it while driving. He would kiss it from time to time, and glanced at me quickly as he continued driving. When we reached home, he stopped the car at the front gates of the house, and unbuckled my seatbelt before leaning in to give me three pecks of kisses on the lips. It was short, but it was sweet. Before I got down, he told me he would pick me up tomorrow noon to meet his dad in his clinic, and my excitement just couldn't get the hold of me. I really feel like his girlfriend now. I feel like I'm a big part of his life right now.

Once I got off, I waited for his car to move and disappeared in front my eyes before I got inside the house. I roamed around the house first to look for my mom, and seemed like she wasn't home yet. Humming happily, I made my way upstairs to where my room is. I entered my room, and let myself fall on the bed with a bright smile on my face. I couldn't help, but giggle as I reminisced everything that had happened today. Today was exceptionally such an amazing day, and I wouldn't forgive myself if I forget a single thing.

Kicking the blanket, hugging the pillow tightly and giggling repeatedly all by myself was all I could do. Suddenly, my eyes immediately landed on my phone over the nightstand. I sat up and immediately took it to turn it on, but the battery seemed to be dead, so I got up, looked for a charger and charged my phone.

I waited for it to turn on, so I could send a text message to Taehyung to thank him for today. As soon as my phone turned on, notifications of missed calls and text messages appeared on my phone screen. My eyes narrowed as I wondered it were from.

I looked into the call logs, to see the missed calls from Sungjae and Yeri. Text messages from those two started flooding into my phone.

Ugly Sungjae 💩
AREUMMMMMMM!
Received: 9:48 PM

Ugly Yeri 💩
Why arent you answering our calls?!
Received: 9:55 PM

Ugly Sungjae 💩
PICK UP YOUR PHONE RN!!!!
Received: 9:58 PM

Ugly Sungjae 💩
WHERE THE HELL ARE YOUUU?!
Received: 9:59 PM

Ugly Sungjae 💩
THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!
WE NEED YOU RN!
Received: 10:00 PM

Ugly Yeri 💩
Areum! Pick up your phone pls!
We need to talk to you!
This is an emergency!
Received: 10:02 PM

I panicked once I read the text messages coming to my phone. I looked at the time to see it was just fifteen minutes before midnight. I immediately unplugged my phone at 4%, and run downstairs, exiting the house.

After successfully got out of the house, I run without a specific destination in mind as I dialed Yeri's number. It took four rings before she picked it up.